IndyCar: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Barber.jpg

BarberMotorsportsPark.png
TV windows (NBCSN):

Friday: 12-1:30 PM Eastern (Practice)
Saturday: 4-5:30 PM Eastern (Qualifying)
Sunday: 3-6 PM Eastern (Race)

This is gonna be a fun one. I love this racetrack. I'm hoping Rahal can get his season rolling today, it'll be great watching Montoya fight thru the field as well.

Holy crap! What a crazy race!

Definitely was as good as I was expecting.

Rahal was too impatient there and beat himself

Dude saved up 80% of his push to passes which saved him the 2nd spot. I'd say he was plenty patient.

The Original 15/22 contact showed a bit of impatience, sure... No way the Hawksworth incident was.

Connor Daly posted and then deleted this.... SMDH. Son of a racer himself yet an extremely disadvantaged child. I'm a fan but this dude needs to check himself.
image.jpg

I noticed a lot of rubber on the track, the marbles made a one groove track. I tuned in after Richmond and it looked like a pretty good race. But I wonder how much more passing could have happened if the track wasn't so dirty from the tires.

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/barber-reveals-weekend-attendance-figure-of-83765/

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Barber Motorsports Park and Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama race officials did something that not a lot of tracks, nor a lot of events, do these days in racing.

They released actual attendance figures. In numbers. Like, not estimated.

A release from the track yesterday read:

“The 2016 Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama announced a 3-day attendance of 83,765. This was the second highest weekend attendance – the first highest attendance was in 2010 with an attendance of 84,126.”

If you average that over three days, it’s just under 28,000 per day – but that number is probably much higher for Saturday and Sunday because the weather was damn near perfect and on Friday there was a lot of rain and lightning in the area.

And if you accept, perhaps grudgingly, that 30,000 or more for race day is a “good” new number for attendance – we’re not going back to the halycon days of 50,000 or 60,000 anytime soon – then you see that Barber has firmly established itself as one of the more important events on the Verizon IndyCar Series calendar.

Corporate support is strong from Honda and with the race being one of the “racier” events on the calendar, it’s quickly entering the upper echelon of races the series should look forward to year after year.

Very happy with the numbers. Not happy with the "but but but NASCAR at Richmond /s" bull**** I've seen from Indycar fans today.

I do not understand why people can't enjoy other disciplines..
Everyone needs to chill a bit tbh. Not sure how or why racing disciplines somehow devolved into rivaling religious sects.

Back
Top Bottom