D

DanicaFan

indy-250-logo2.gif

Race 9 of 16

Race
- Iowa Corn Indy 250

Location - Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa

Date - Saturday, June 23rd

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show - 10:00PM Eastern , Green Flag - Approx. 10:00PM Eastern- NBC Sports Network

Course Type - .875 Mile Oval

Distance - 250 Laps / 218.75 Miles

Practice Sessions -

Friday, June 22nd - 11:00-11:45 AM & 3:30-4:15 PM Eastern
Saturday, June 23rd - Systems Check -5:00-5:05 PM Eastern

Qualifications - Friday, June 22nd - Heat Races -7:15 -8:45 PM Eastern

2011 Iowa Corn Indy 250 Race Information

Race Winner -
#26 Marco Andretti
Race Pole Sitter - #5 Takuma Sato -180.375 mph
Time Of Race - 1 Hour 53 Minutes
Average Speed- 118.671 mph
Cautions - 5 for 72 laps
Margin Of Victory -.793 seconds
Lead Changes - 9

Iowa Speedway Track Facts

Length -.875 Miles
Banking - Turns -12-14 degrees
Frontstretch -10 degrees
Backstretch -4 degrees

Iowa-Speedway-2009-by-NUSSLI_03.jpg

Qualifications for this race will be different than the single car qualification runs that are traditionally done. The starting grid will be determined by short heat races. The breakdown is below..

There will be 3 heat races with 30 laps each. These heat races are determined by combined practice session results.

Race 1 - Determines the even numbered positions, starting from the 10th quickest practice time to determine Positions 10 on the starting grid on down.

Race 2 - Determines the odd numbered positions starting from the 9th quickest practice time to determine Positions 9 on the starting grid on down.

Race 3 - This will consist of drivers that are 1st to 8th quickest in practice times. This race will determine the first 4 starting rows. Winner of this race is the pole sitter.

Don't know why the start time is so late, and now it's a bit later with the short delay. I guess it takes time to shed the little setbacks, it still seems like IndyCar has one or two issues every week.

I am really liking the Indy Izod mobile app, or whatever it is called.
I am working my last night shift 6p to 6 am. Monday I start working days like the sane world does.

But I have my app, and will be watching while I am supposed to be working (as much as possible anyway)

Go Tony Kanaan, and don't let Marco win

I missed that wreck, If as you say Power chopped him I get the feeling he will blame Viso for it.

But I don't think it was Power being too defensive. Looked like he just didn't know Viso was there.

The radar looks pretty good. A couple showers popped up but are away from the track now.

How many times has Dario ripped Viso now? Even in the TV booth, he just can't help himself.

Hinchcliffe loses it on his own......all he had to do was finish in decent position!

That's a shame, I don't think Marco was out of it.

Do I even need to say it was a good race? I think it's just assumed at this point. These are good from start to finish, not just the last 10 laps with the aid of a well timed caution.

2 in a row for Robby Gordon's brother in law.

Back
Top Bottom