Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show - 2:00PM , Green Flag - 2:45PM - Versus

Course Type - 1.5 Mile Oval

Distance - 200 Laps / 300 Miles

Practice Sessions -
Saturday, October 1st - 12:00PM -1:15PM Eastern & 2:45-3:45 PM

Qualifications - Saturday, October 1st - 6:00PM -7:00PM Eastern

2010 Pole Sitter - #20 Ed Carpenter - 217.933 mph

2010 Winner - #3 Helio Castroneves

Dan Wheldon is filling in for Alex Tagliani for this race at Kentucky.

dang ovals, they don't favor Will Power at all, he's gonna have to have his stuff together if he wants to beat Dario...

Here is the entry list for the race.

Dillon Battistini will be driving the #34 car for Conquest Racing.

kentuckyentry.jpg

Wow, is all I have to say about the qualifying. Will Power gets the pole position and sets a new track record in the process with a 2 lap average of 219.283 mph!

And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty. Im hoping for a good race tomorrow.

And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th.

Seriously? She already has her head in the Nationwide series. Look how she did compared to her team-mates who are presumably running similar cars.

Wow, is all I have to say about the qualifying. Will Power gets the pole position and sets a new track record in the process with a 2 lap average of 219.283 mph!

And I am shocked Danica didnt qualify better than 14th. Mile and a half ovals are her specialty. Im hoping for a good race tomorrow.

Looks like your going to have to change your signature pic for next year. B)

Pit lane was crazy today!

Congrats to Ed Carpenter for the win. That was awesome! It sucks about Marco, had that not happened in pit lane, I think we would of seen that Venom car in victory lane.

Final Results..

1. #67 Ed Carpenter
2. #10 Dario Franchitti
3. #9 Scott Dixon
4. #06 James Hinchcliffe
5. #28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
6. #2 Oriol Servia
7. #17 Wade Cunningham
8. #6 Ryan Briscoe
9. #44 Buddy Rice
10. #7 Danica Patrick
11. #22 Townsend Bell
12. #38 Graham Rahal
13. #83 Charlie Kimball
14. #77 Dan Wheldon
15. #5 Takuma Sato
16. #14 Vitor Meira
17. #82 Tony Kanaan
18. #27 Mike Conway
19. #12 Will Power
20. #4 JR Hildebrand
21. #18 James Jakes
22. #30 Pippa Mann
23. #59 EJ Viso
24. #24 Ana Beatriz
25. #78 Simona De Silvestro
26. #19 Alex Lloyd
27. #26 Marco Andretti
28. #34 Dillon Battistini
29. #3 Helio Castroneves

What a race! 26 laps of side-by-side with no "Caution" flag needed to bunch them up. Racing the way it should be!

Brian Barnhart's gotta go, that last caution was 15 minutes. Of course, he was doing it to help Franchitti, but still... IndyCar would be great if it wasn't for Head Wanker.

Man, I knew Power was gonna blow his load, Dario's got him now. Roger's gonna have to wait another year to get another title & WTF is going on with Helio? Geez he's been in Rogers equipment I think 12 years now & still hasn't won a championship, Roger has never had a driver in his Indy cars for this long that didn't win a driving title...

Man, I knew Power was gonna blow his load, Dario's got him now. Roger's gonna have to wait another year to get another title & WTF is going on with Helio? Geez he's been in Rogers equipment I think 12 years now & still hasn't won a championship, Roger has never had a driver in his Indy cars for this long that didn't win a driving title...

Doesn't hurt (for Dario) when he has IndyCar on his side.

Quick question but how are pit stalls assigned in the Indycar Series? Cause Dario had the very first one and Power had one right in the middle?

The pit assignments for this race were determined by how they qualified on the last oval prior to Kentucky which was New Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom