IndyCar: Rainguard Water Sealers 600

I recall they had problems with the Texas before, I remember something about too much g-force in the corners.

Pack racing in Indycar is exciting to watch but it is pretty dangerous. I think the team owners might consider the cost of racing at Texas.

I recall they had problems with the Texas before, I remember something about too much g-force in the corners.

Pack racing in Indycar is exciting to watch but it is pretty dangerous. I think the team owners might consider the cost of racing at Texas.

that sucker had good attendance, if it pulled decent TV numbers don't change a thing. And watch the Indy highlight ads..probably will be full of Texas..I bet I have seen that Indy crash 25 times.

RACER estimates $1.8 million in total after speaking with Dallara and team managers, but even that seems kinda low. Some are going to have to skip out on the Road America test this week too.

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/141378-2017-jun-12-00-04-24

That was champcar, but they were lapping at 231moh or so. Indycar has been very careful to keep speeds below 224 here.

Pack racing in Indycar is exciting to watch but it is pretty dangerous.

I don't think they saw that coming. The new cars are fairly aero sensitive and no one thought they could run so close in the turns. At Indy most of the passing was on the straights, but here the cars were stuck down so well they the aero didn't disturb them so much.

I think the team owners might consider the cost of racing at Texas.

Or maybe the drivers could consider the same thing. All the accidents except Helio's were from the guys driving into each other.

Also consider the cost of not racing at Texas. We can't afford to lose another oval, especially one that has decent attendance. They just need to figure out a way to do it with a little less crazy. Hopefully the new aerokit will address this. If they make changes now, either Chevy or Honda will be disadvantaged, but with a spec aerokit the penalty will be across the board.

Coyne has to be hurting after that one.

That's the saddest thing of the whole night. That team is on the verge of greatness and the only thing holding them back has been finances, and of course, a pretty good helping of foul luck. I've turned into a big Coyne fan because no one gets as much out of nothing as he does. His team is a good example for the no-hopers that they can turn it around with wise allocation of resources and getting the right people into place.

I hope Coyne can get some additional backing. If Ganassi wanted to be fair about it he would hand Dale a couple of chassis. His driver took out both of Dale's cars (as well as the rest of half the field) and even admitted it. I know you strap in and take your chances, but Kaanan was pretty much out of control the whole night and Ganassi made no effort to reel him back in. You might notice Chip didn't say anything about Sato taking out Dixon, but that's probably because his team has no room to complain.

Wrecks at Phoenix, Indy qualifying, 500, and now at Texas.

If I am Coyne, I am on the phone at 8am this morning calling up my friends at Sonny's. Dale probably needs some help right now.

Just wanted to send a note to the indycar crowd that I'm not a regular indycar viewer outside of the indy 500, but the race at Texas was pretty good. I didn't know it was going to be on, but one of the TVs at the local bar had NBCSN on and the race was showing. I decided to watch a little bit of it and soon got hooked. My wife and I ate dinner and had a few drinks during the middle of the race and then headed home and I decided to watch the end of the race on my own.

I have to say, it was exciting racing and watching one of the drivers try to go three wide was awesome. Too bad the oil dry messed him up. It seems like the clean up crews aren't cleaning up the oil dry very well this year. Same thing happened at Dover in NASCAR last weekend.

It was a bummer that Sato missed the turn and wiped out the field but that's part of pack racing.

Just wanted to send a note to the indycar crowd that I'm not a regular indycar viewer outside of the indy 500, but the race at Texas was pretty good. I didn't know it was going to be on, but one of the TVs at the local bar had NBCSN on and the race was showing. I decided to watch a little bit of it and soon got hooked.

This is the kind of thing we like seeing. The sport's popularity is in a resurgence and it's about time.

As a long time veteran of Indycar discussion forums, I have to say I had given up on having any sort of intelligent discussion. The forums were absolute hate-filled sewers, filled to the brim with bitter people looking for any excuse to slag off the series and drivers. It didn't take long for that to get old, so I just sort of figured I had better things, happier things to take care of, and I stopped posting on racing forums.

This place is different though. I found this place by accident a while back and it seems like we have a friendly bunch of knowledgeable fans. So, I kind of decided to hang out here and see how it goes.

I think we have an opportunity to build something nice here as long as we can keep the irrational "conserned fan" negativity from creeping in. we just need to keep it positive and keep the content flowing. People lose interest if there is no traffic, so I think we all need to post our observations after every race and keep the forum busy and attractive to new posters.

It was a bummer that Sato missed the turn and wiped out the field but that's part of pack racing.

Sato ran so well at the speedway that he turned me into a fan, though he does seem to be a little bit streaky in his performance. He can run almost a whole race brilliantly and then do something silly like he did Saturday and ruin it. When he's on and doesn't throw it away, he's pretty amazing.

Coyne has to be hurting after that one.

Wrecks at Phoenix, Indy qualifying, 500, and now at Texas.

sh!t adds up quickly.
Definitely. I'm actually a little concerned. He went all in in terms of getting quality personnel together this year and was showing promise and it's just totally fallen apart. I'm guessing Esteban and JD will be in that car the rest of the year because the funding has to be a necessity right now.

That's the saddest thing of the whole night. That team is on the verge of greatness and the only thing holding them back has been finances, and of course, a pretty good helping of foul luck. I've turned into a big Coyne fan because no one gets as much out of nothing as he does. His team is a good example for the no-hopers that they can turn it around with wise allocation of resources and getting the right people into place.

I hope Coyne can get some additional backing. If Ganassi wanted to be fair about it he would hand Dale a couple of chassis. His driver took out both of Dale's cars (as well as the rest of half the field) and even admitted it. I know you strap in and take your chances, but Kaanan was pretty much out of control the whole night and Ganassi made no effort to reel him back in. You might notice Chip didn't say anything about Sato taking out Dixon, but that's probably because his team has no room to complain.

If I am Coyne, I am on the phone at 8am this morning calling up my friends at Sonny's. Dale probably needs some help right now.
You're right, but I have a hard time imagining Chip actually doing that. He seemed to believe that TK was totally innocent.

On the other hand, it was awesome when Kenny Habul offered to pay Visit Florida Racing for the damages sustained in their wreck at Detroit last week. Now that's accountability and generosity.

Coyne in IndyCar reminds me of the Woods' in NASCAR. Always under-funded, but always over-perform. Give either of them more money and they will dominate the field every year.

Sato ran so well at the speedway that he turned me into a fan, though he does seem to be a little bit streaky in his performance. He can run almost a whole race brilliantly and then do something silly like he did Saturday and ruin it. When he's on and doesn't throw it away, he's pretty amazing.
I've become a Sato fan too. But I recall there was a time he was causing a lot of accidents.

When has Sato not caused accidents.:) He usually tries to make a hole where there isn't one.
Kaanan makes a lot of mistakes, needs plenty of room around him..terrible in close quarters
neither work well together

Injured Bourdais happy to not be part of "bull****" Texas race
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...to-not-be-part-of-bull****-texas-race-918349/

Well, Alonso was on the continent this weekend. Who's to say he didn't take a nice drive down to Wisconsin?

I know Dale Coyne is.

Coyne showed up with a phantom driver:D

Road America test underway with rebuilt cars, Indy Lights quartet

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...derway-with-rebuilt-cars-indy-lights-quartet/

It's Fernando fosho.

He's gonna race in Indycar next year and do charity work at the same time.

Gawdamn... it's gone.

Gawdamn... it's gone.
It is here, same article.

Like Bourdais, I am not keen on that style of racing, WFO the whole lap, droning on lap after lap without ever lifting, without ever braking. To me, it is like stock cars at Daytona. And like Nascar restrictor plate racing, it requires a skill set that is unrelated to traditional racing based on car control. I'm not saying it is easy... with the traffic it clearly is not easy. I just believe IndyCar needs to lose 75-80% of its downforce.

It is here, same article.

Like Bourdais, I am not keen on that style of racing, WFO the whole lap, droning on lap after lap without ever lifting, without ever braking. To me, it is like stock cars at Daytona. And like Nascar restrictor plate racing, it requires a skill set that is unrelated to traditional racing based on car control. I'm not saying it is easy... with the traffic it clearly is not easy. I just believe IndyCar needs to lose 75-80% of its downforce.

Back
Top Bottom