IndyCar returning to Richmond???

D

Digger

The IndyCar Series will return to Richmond International Raceway for the ninth annual SunTrust Indy Challenge on June 27, 2009.

The Indy Racing League will announce its 2009 schedule tomorrow. RIR President Doug Fritz said today that the track is excited to welcome the series back.

"We are really pleased with the success of the SunTrust Indy Challenge," Fritz said. "We're in the heart of the Mid-Atlantic region, which is good for the sponsors, and the fans really turn out for it. It's really been a win-win. You talk to the drivers and they all love racing here."

Fritz said the race will again be 300 laps. He said he expects the start time to be 8 p.m., but that still has to be worked out with the sanctioning body and the television network that carries the event.

WTF? I love Richmond, but RIR wasn't designed for open wheel snooze fests.

seriously i been a member here for months and you never said one good thing about irl. sure the richmond race was bad this year but you need to look at some of the drivers they have. alot of them have hardly any oval experiance.

seriously i been a member here for months and you never said one good thing about irl. sure the richmond race was bad this year but you need to look at some of the drivers they have. alot of them have hardly any oval experiance.
Don't pay any attention to Andy, he's the most negative person on Earth. If it moves, he will complain about it and if it doesn't move, he'll complain about that. He's a young boy who has yet to mature.

Back
Top Bottom