Indycar rule changes for 2015

I won't miss the constant cluster**** that standing starts produced.

Double points at the Triple Crown races was much better than this. Just as there was nothing special about Abu Dhabi that warranted double points in F1, there's nothing special about Sonoma that warrants it. Hopefully they scrap it after a year (as F1 did).

I won't miss the constant cluster**** that standing starts produced.

Double points at the Triple Crown races was much better than this. Just as there was nothing special about Abu Dhabi that warranted double points in F1, there's nothing special about Sonoma that warrants it. Hopefully they scrap it after a year (as F1 did).
That is what i am hoping as well...just find it odd for the mid season Indy 500......and yeah,the standing starts were...bad....in F1 it seems to work..but not Indy car....weird i like it for that series and not the one here,,,lol

I like standing starts other than the random stalls on the grid.. Also the fact that they happen on some really, really tight tracks. It could use some fine tuning, for sure.

Double points are dumb... But atleast they aren't resetting them.. Yet.

Why are standing starts a problem in INDYCAR but not in F1?

I liked the standing starts. I thought one or two a year was OK, but they sure seem dangerous.

I was at the Indy Gran Prix last May and wow!! That is a good way to get someone hurt or killed!! So, for now it is probably better to do without and just go with the running start. It seems to be a lot safer.

Last edited:
Indycar should focus on improving the racing before worrying about "improving" the points system. The new points changes sound better but it will unfortunately have no meaningful effect on the on-track action.

Back
Top Bottom