IndyCar shedule

blue92

Team Owner
Calling Robin Miller, Robin Miller, Robin Miller.
Anyone have a clue to what the IndyCar schedule for 2013 looks like? How many races and such?

March 24th - St. Pete
April 7th - Alabama
April 21st - Long Beach
May 5th - Sao Paulo
May 26th - Indy 500
June 1st - Detroit
June 2nd - Detroit
June 8th - Texas
June 15th - Milwaukee
June 23rd - Iowa
July 7th - Pocono
July 13th - Toronto
July 14th - Toronto
August 4th - Mid-Ohio
August 25th - Sonoma
September 1st - Baltimore
October 5th - Houston
October 6th - Houston
October 19th - Fontana

Notice there is three weekends (Detroit, Toronto and Houston) where they race two days in a row. The moment Randy Bernard released this schedule a sh*t storm started and he was fire within a couple days after.

Notice there is three weekends (Detroit, Toronto and Houston) where they race two days in a row. The moment Randy Bernard released this schedule a sh*t storm started and he was fire within a couple days after.
Nah, the **** storm had already. The idiots behind the scenes have been trying to get him fired for quite some time.

**** storm's been going on for a year. They want Tony George back in charge to finish what he started (which is, the total annihilation of open wheel racing in America).

I've even heard people blame Randy Bernard for the crappy ABC/NBCSN TV deal. Here's the thing... it's THE EXACT SAME TV PACKAGE Tony George manufactured in 2008.

Tony George completely destroyed the series and it took him 20 years to do so. He left Bernard with a disaster. But since Bernard hasn't fixed it in two years, they want Tony George back. Sounds exactly like the people who voted for Romney because Obama didn't fix the economy fast enough.

Yeah but releasing the schedual was the tipping point. All the jackasses behind the scenes started to quiet and the moment that schedual was released the next day their were reports the Hulman George family was having an emergancy meeting.

This sport took a major step a few years back merging the two series but the series consistantly shows idiocy even on naitonal tv. The series ratings were almost certain to go down for 2012, ABC had a very strict contract with the series that they can not broadcast races on any other main network. Not to mention ABC really only wants to cover the 500, the contract they signed forces them to show a minimum of 5 races a year which is exactly what they cover the bare minimum. Throw in 2 of the series most popular drivers being gone this season (Danica left for Nascar and Dan Wheldon got killed in an accident that left serious egg on the series face over safety). Other problems also tainted the 2012 season, like the engine debactle where two teams had hired drivers and team members only to be told Chevy and Honda were out of engines and your only other choice is Lotus which was absolutly horrible.

Here is an article that pretty much sums everything up http://morefrontwing.com/2012/11/21/2013-the-year-that-will-decide-it-all/

Yeah but releasing the schedual was the tipping point. All the jackasses behind the scenes started to quiet and the moment that schedual was released the next day their were reports the Hulman George family was having an emergancy meeting.

This sport took a major step a few years back merging the two series but the series consistantly shows idiocy even on naitonal tv. The series ratings were almost certain to go down for 2012, ABC had a very strict contract with the series that they can not broadcast races on any other main network. Not to mention ABC really only wants to cover the 500, the contract they signed forces them to show a minimum of 5 races a year which is exactly what they cover the bare minimum. Throw in 2 of the series most popular drivers being gone this season (Danica left for Nascar and Dan Wheldon got killed in an accident that left serious egg on the series face over safety). Other problems also tainted the 2012 season, like the engine debactle where two teams had hired drivers and team members only to be told Chevy and Honda were out of engines and your only other choice is Lotus which was absolutly horrible.

Here is an article that pretty much sums everything up http://morefrontwing.com/2012/11/21/2013-the-year-that-will-decide-it-all/

I don't know... a lot of it was out of IndyCar's control. The cluster****s at Detroit and Baltimore were inexcusable, even though Baltimore turned out to be the best race of the season, but Bernard had no control over that. As for the blame IndyCar got over Dan Wheldon, they deserve that. Still, Bernard was never given a chance.

There were a lot of messes as their has been pretty much every season. One thing I really liked about Bernard, was that he wanted to please the fans. Tony George doesn't give a damn about the fans the drivers or anyone besides himself.

Want in one hand, crap in the other. See which one fills first and then tell me what you think, eh?

I thought it was a pretty good article. There's a lot of stuff I wasn't aware of. I don't know what to think. I thought the series was finally crawling out of a hole only to dig a new one. I'll still tune in to see how the racing goes. And I want to see how the Simona does in better equipment with Kanaan as a team mate.

Back
Top Bottom