IndyCar Testing At Charlotte?

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Obviously, open-wheel cars haven't raced at Charlotte Motor Speedway since the accident in '99, but with the big teams (Penske, Ganassi) consoldating both IndyCar and NASCAR operations at the Mooreville/Concord area shops, have any of them rented out CMS for testing? Could be similar to Texas I imagine, maybe also useful for testing Fontana cars.

Texas is a tragedy waiting to happen. It's on the circuit solely because of money.
I had to double take at next year's race length. The same thing that apply's to nascar can be said here- until they take away downforce and make them lift, we're going to keep having "problems".

It's always been in kilometers.
You must not remember why they had to split the twin 275's. Drivers were getting light headed during the 500K race, but gossage wanted longer, so they split it up. Then they combined them and i guess no drivers complained, so we're going 600 now.

You must not remember why they had to split the twin 275's. Drivers were getting light headed during the 500K race, but gossage wanted longer, so they split it up. Then they combined them and i guess no drivers complained, so we're going 600 now.
I remember, I just thought you thought it was a 550 kilo and now 600 kilo race.

I wonder what happens if somebody passes out. Like i said, they keep extending the race longer and longer because that's what Gossage wants. Even with the "slower" cars, the drivers are due to fatigue at some point.

I wonder what happens if somebody passes out. Like i said, they keep extending the race longer and longer because that's what Gossage wants. Even with the "slower" cars, the drivers are due to fatigue at some point.
Yeah, well the new DW12 cars don't even have power steering. When Hinchcliffe was on the TV broadcast of the Pocono race after Lap 1, he said it was really a physical challenge steering these cars at Indianapolis and Pocono. It must be really tough at Texas. I remember when there was that debacle over the attempted (and aborted) CART race at Texas, they said a car is turning 80% of the time at Texas, so it really must be a strain to constantly be steering a car without power steering at 3-4-5 G's.

I don't know if they have and I don't know all of the rules behind it but it couldn't hurt. Texas and Charlotte and almost identical although Charlotte is more bumpy, and maybe in that manner it could be also useful towards setups for Fontana.

Back
Top Bottom