IndyCar TV schedule released

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
ABC gets St. Petersburg, the Indianapolis road race, Indianapolis 500 qualifying, the Indianapolis 500 and both Detroit races. NBCSN gets the rest.

It's a shame the season starts on ABC. IndyCar won't get any kind of bump at all from the Sochi Olympics being on NBCSN.

At least NBCSN's portion of the schedule starts with Long Beach and not boring ass Alabama.

They don't even want the ovals anymore, they just want the first races they can so they can get IndyCar out of their lives for another year.

I don't like when ABC does the Indy 500 qualifying. The show like 2 hours on pole day then the final hour. And on Bump day they just show the first hour and the last hour.

I imagine last year's fiasco played in to it when NBCSN already had obligations with the Kentucky Derby and, because ABC controls everything, they couldn't move Pole Day coverage to CNBC or MSNBC.

ABC doesn't give a **** - only covering two sites outside of Indy. Hopefully NBC gets the broadcast TV rights in 2019 or whenever.

LOL this is embarrassing. Just shut it down except for the Indy 500 and open that back up to all comers.
912qDQA.jpg

NASCAR broadcaster Allen Bestwick to move to IndyCar Series broadcasts

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-broadcaster-allen-bestwick.html#.UsXzu2RDszI

Sportscaster Allen Bestwick will remain with ESPN /ABC after it loses its NASCAR contract and work primarily as play-by-play announcer for the network's broadcasts of IndyCar Series events, The Charlotte Observer and ThatsRacin.com have learned. Bestwick currently serves in the same role for network's NASCAR broadcasts but ESPN/ABC will lose broadcast rights to those races at the conclusion of the 2014 season. NBC and Fox and their respective sports networks will broadcast all NASCAR events beginning in 2015. Bestwick will do both IndyCar and NASCAR events this season for ESPN/ABC, two sources familiar with the situation confirmed to The Observer. In 2015, Bestwick will do IndyCar broadcasts and work in other sports, sources said. An ESPN spokesman declined to comment. Bestwick began his NASCAR career in 1986 when he joined Motor Racing Network as a race reporter and eventually became co-lead announcer with Joe Moore and Barney Hall. He moved full-time to TV broadcasting in 2001.

Anyone but Cheever. I watched my DVR of last year's Indy 500 a couple of days ago, and he is distractingly awful.
I think AB will be fine; he's knowledgeable and entertaining without seeming to be condescending. Just be ready for the inevitable comparisons between "understeer" and "push" (or, "tight").

The Texas race will be on CNBC. All other races are on NBCSN, and all NBC Universal races will have qualifying covered by NBCSN. Paul Tracy joins the broadcast team.

Sun,, April 13, Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, NBCSN, 4 p.m.
Sun., April 27, Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, NBCSN, 2:30 p.m.
Sat., June 7, Firestone 600, CNBC, 8 p.m.
Sat., June 28, Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston – Race 1, NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun., June 29, Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston – Race 2, NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun., July 6, Pocono IndyCar 500, NBCSN, Noon
Sat, July 12, Iowa Corn Indy 300, NBCSN, 8 p.m.
Sat., July 19 Honda Indy Toronto – Race 1, NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun, July 20, Honda Indy Toronto – Race 2, NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun., August 3, Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun., August 17, ABC Supply Wisconsin 250, NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Sun., August 24, GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma NBCSN, 4 p.m.
Sat., August 30, MAVTV 500 IndyCar World Championships, NBCSN, 9 p.m.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...le-talent-revealed-includes-paul-tracy-added/

Back
Top Bottom