Indycar

22JoeyLoganoFan22

I am getting into indy car races. I just want to ask, when the races is on sunday, are they usually off by time the NASCAR Races comes on, cause i am a big nascar fan, Last week with the Indy car opener as soon as it went off, i turned it to watch nascar, they was about to give the command to fire engines, so i caught it just in time. so i was hoping that it would be off by time indy car races starts.

That is a great question! I did not see many Indy car races on the television because I could not get their race channel last season. But, I think both Nascar and Indy are aware of each other's scheduling. I am glad that an NBC station will be televising the Indy races this season. Hopefully we will be able to watch both Nascar and Indy car races this season..

Indycar = honey badger about NASCAR. Like any other racing, cautions or weather can affect when the race ends. DVR is your friend; check your local listings and pick a side.

Usually the IndyCar races are better anyways but that might not be the case for long, this Gen6 Cup car puts on a show. IndyCar runs a lot of Saturday races and night races - there's only a few times the races overlap.

Thanks everyone. I will just keep an eye on what time the races is and keep an eye on both races, I dont have a DVR, so i cant DVR one watch later. I wish i did. Indycar race was great last week. this GEN 6 in nascar are great racing so far. thanks again for all the answers.

I am getting into indy car races. I just want to ask, when the races is on sunday, are they usually off by time the NASCAR Races comes on, cause i am a big nascar fan, Last week with the Indy car opener as soon as it went off, i turned it to watch nascar, they was about to give the command to fire engines, so i caught it just in time. so i was hoping that it would be off by time indy car races starts.
check race time schedule on tvracer.com ......fer all races.
nbcsports channel did good job in coverage last week. an good race. hopefully they'll replay irl at nite if tha 2 races overlap ??

The first indycar was killer

The series has gotten a lot better the last couple seasons. I am happy to see that 22 of the 24 full time teams are with returning drivers. That is something I think the series was lacking before was being consistant in having drivers returning to the series year after year.

Next weekend the Indycar race is at Barber in Alabama and the Nascar race is at Martinsville in Virginia. I have a feeling the two will be on at the same time.

The series has gotten a lot better the last couple seasons. I am happy to see that 22 of the 24 full time teams are with returning drivers. That is something I think the series was lacking before was being consistant in having drivers returning to the series year after year.

Next weekend the Indycar race is at Barber in Alabama and the Nascar race is at Martinsville in Virginia. I have a feeling the two will be on at the same time.

I love Martinsville one of my favorite tracks to watch. I hope the indy car race is on later that day as a replay, or that week. do they usually replay the races from indycar

ET---nascar--1-5 irl--3-6

fox will have so many commercials tho ....ya can channel hop..an catch most a' both races . ha!

LOL thats true, i did thought about watch some of both races. so i should be fine.

I love Martinsville one of my favorite tracks to watch. I hope the indy car race is on later that day as a replay, or that week. do they usually replay the races from indycar

Martinsville is one of my faviorates as well, but I am also really interestead in seeing AJ Allendingers Indycar return as next week as well. I will end up turning it back and forth.

Side note, Indycar races are available a couple days latter on youtube. I seen Indycars personal twitter even link this video telling fans to watch the race

Martinsville is one of my faviorates as well, but I am also really interestead in seeing AJ Allendingers Indycar return as next week as well. I will end up turning it back and forth.

Side note, Indycar races are available a couple days latter on youtube. I seen Indycars personal twitter even link this video telling fans to watch the race

Thank you, I hope Aj does good in indy car

Indycar = honey badger about NASCAR. Like any other racing, cautions or weather can affect when the race ends. DVR is your friend; check your local listings and pick a side.

I have a feeling Randy Bernard at least tried to have IndyCar races stay clear of NASCAR if they could. The new boss probably doesn't care.

I was furious when the FIA scheduled the American F1 race head-to-head against the NASCAR race last year. I know Formula One thinks they're the biggest kid on the block, but they aren't in American motorsports. This would be like if that annual NFL game at Wembley was scheduled against the biggest soccer game of the year.

All that said, I do think there is an overlap next week, as others have mentioned.

I have a feeling Randy Bernard at least tried to have IndyCar races stay clear of NASCAR if they could. The new boss probably doesn't care.

I was furious when the FIA scheduled the American F1 race head-to-head against the NASCAR race last year. I know Formula One thinks they're the biggest kid on the block, but they aren't in American motorsports. This would be like if that annual NFL game at Wembley was scheduled against the biggest soccer game of the year.

All that said, I do think there is an overlap next week, as others have mentioned.
Really? You know, there's a whole section of threads for moonshine delivery contests. The return of F1 to a U.S. circuit built from the ground up to be one of the finest racing venues in the world is pretty big stuff, something to be proud of. It's probably true that there are more F1 fans in Malta than the U.S., but you don't have to be ****** about it.

F1 always races on Sunday. If NASCAR doesn't like it, they should do what they should've done a long time ago - run the Sprint Cup final on a Saturday night at Las Vegas.

Really? You know, there's a whole section of threads for moonshine delivery contests. The return of F1 to a U.S. circuit built from the ground up to be one of the finest racing venues in the world is pretty big stuff, something to be proud of. It's probably true that there are more F1 fans in Malta than the U.S., but you don't have to be ****** about it.

Hey, relax man. I was just making the point that F1 could have gotten a few more casual watchers if they had not scheduled the F1 race up against the NASCAR race.

Hey, relax man. I was just making the point that F1 could have gotten a few more casual watchers if they had not scheduled the F1 race up against the NASCAR race.
That's a good point, but Bernie and his minions know that most NASCAR fans don't care about F1, or at least that's the vibe they put out. They schedule all of their on-track activities around the same local time, and since they were in the U.S. Central Time Zone, it just worked out that way. Indycar seems to be sensitive to the fact that they need to plan around other sports to rebuild their fan base, but I don't think Helton, Pemberton and the boys care if they're up against the NFL (gorilla in the room). If you're like me, you start running out of record channels and DVR space after September. Especially when the Packers play the Bears, amirite?

That's a good point, but Bernie and his minions know that most NASCAR fans don't care about F1, or at least that's the vibe they put out. They schedule all of their on-track activities around the same local time, and since they were in the U.S. Central Time Zone, it just worked out that way. Indycar seems to be sensitive to the fact that they need to plan around other sports to rebuild their fan base, but I don't think Helton, Pemberton and the boys care if they're up against the NFL (gorilla in the room). If you're like me, you start running out of record channels and DVR space after September. Especially when the Packers play the Bears, amirite?

Yeah, you're right, and NBC Sports Network says they're happy with the ratings for the first two F1 races this year so I guess there is no need to worry about scheduling, if two random non-American races are doing well on an American network.

I'm a big tent guy. I want everybody to join the F1 party. I was just frustrated because, as you said, F1 returning to the United States last year was a big deal and it was scheduled in such a way it felt like the FIA was trying to make people choose between NASCAR and F1.

That's a good point, but Bernie and his minions know that most NASCAR fans don't care about F1, or at least that's the vibe they put out. They schedule all of their on-track activities around the same local time, and since they were in the U.S. Central Time Zone, it just worked out that way. Indycar seems to be sensitive to the fact that they need to plan around other sports to rebuild their fan base

And there lies the difference between IndyCar and F1. Over 200,000 people were at Austin the weekend of the USGP. It made Ecclestone the money he was after, so he's not at all concerned with any casual onlookers he may have gained if he wasn't up against NASCAR. IndyCar, however, has been imploding on itself for 17 years and has a bad TV deal. It means a whole lot more when they lose viewers to NASCAR.

And there lies the difference between IndyCar and F1. Over 200,000 people were at Austin the weekend of the USGP. It made Ecclestone the money he was after, so he's not at all concerned with any casual onlookers he may have gained if he wasn't up against NASCAR. IndyCar, however, has been imploding on itself for 17 years and has a bad TV deal. It means a whole lot more when they lose viewers to NASCAR.
Don't kid yourself, Bernie gets paid up front before anyone even thinks about having his circus come to town. Did you see the stands at Malaysia? And the 'haze' at the track in India last year wasn't morning dew, it was smoke from burning dung. I'm curious to see the turnout in Shanghai too, although I think there's a pretty big western population in that part of the country.

I hate that you're right about Indycar, but the first race was encouraging in spite of the inevitable badness to come from the management in Speedway. At least it'll be easier to get the seats I want, and I'll probably be home before it gets dark.

only bout 80,000 of 'em were at tha track tho ! ha!

only bout 80,000 of 'em were at tha track tho ! ha!
Actually, they averaged more than that each day there was anything going on at the track. Sunday saw more than the Daytona 500, and for the weekend, more than Daytona and Talladega combined. Plus, the city was was filled with more new fans than anything this side of SXSW for a week before the race. woof.

65,000 Friday, 82,000 Saturday, 117,000 for the race on Sunday.

http://austin.culturemap.com/newsdetail/11-19-12-06-11-the-view-from-europe-how-did-austin-do/

you must be a democrat !! ya countin tha same feller 3 times ! ha!

3 day tickets only........was why i didn't go !

Back
Top Bottom