Interesting Reddit post about the similarities between Brian and Bill Jr.

NasNYG567

Crew Chief

Saw this earlier today and I thought I'd share, it comes from a long time fan of the sport and he brings up some good points about the similarities between Brian and his dad and how Brian may not be as bad as is believed. Decided to share it because the opinion of Brian is almost universally negative and I just wanted to get opinions on the points they make. Please don't be overly negative about the post because I think it was very well done.

Bill Jr. is not the saintly, omniscient leader NASCAR history makes him out to be and neither is Brian the devil most fans (myself included) make him out to be. The sport is ruled by big money now. The TV networks are in charge (for better or worse.)

Interesting observations from a longtime fan's perspective.

Brian France doesn't run NASCAR on his own, there is a group of people who run NASCAR (I guess his last name represents the group). They have to deal with changes in technology, try new things to move the sport forward, and keep up with teams that continue the Smokey Yunic school of innovation - which why there is an expanding rule book. They've had successes and failures.

Caution clocks, races cut into segments, five minute repairs.

That’ll teach those Smokey “Yunic” disciples.

Love that.....all true. It has always been about Money. That love affair with GM , man I remember those days. He hated (along with GM) those Elliott boys. I remember one time they gave Earnhardt back a lap, never saw it before. Anyone else and that wouldn't have happened. Elliott was very vocal about Earnhardt's death and was blacklisted over it. I've heard said (forgive me) that death wasn't always a bad thing because it helped draw in new fans. The Excitement, Danger, blah blah blah..

Love that.....all true. It has always been about Money. That love affair with GM , man I remember those days. He hated (along with GM) those Elliott boys. I remember one time they gave Earnhardt back a lap, never saw it before. Anyone else and that wouldn't have happened. Elliott was very vocal about Earnhardt's death and was blacklisted over it. I've heard said (forgive me) that death wasn't always a bad thing because it helped draw in new fans. The Excitement, Danger, blah blah blah..

explain?

A good read. But I was already aware of this and think many others were too. The cookie cutter saturation happened with Bill Jr, as did the demise of North Wilksboro, and the Busch Series departure from many short
Tracks like Hickory. The time lines are not complicated at all.

I railed against Bill Jr getting into the the HoF too prior to David Pearson as well on another forum, before joining here. It was one of the sorriest examples of the Asskissdom world their entitled empire expects.

The same kind of mindset that now wants to excuse Brian for being a dumbass, that is a negative for Nascar. And if we have to pass the details game add in Lesa France Kennedy and the ISCs built in conflict with having the best tracks on the schedule.
It is closed world worse than a rigged mafia, closed doors = no new investors wanting to build better tracks.

I could post an outline on any future complaints I suppose , this was Bill Jr's fault, or ISC, and not Brian's but it isn't very relevant to to the actual complaint, just a diversion to water down something more important .

So back on the point the Chase and Saturation of cookie cutters along with several other things still suck. And as much as some don't want to hear the complaints, it was only fueled this time by the effort to excuse BF for being BF.

Minor quibble: NASCAR didn't abandon Myrtle Beach. The track stopped applying for a race because it was getting too expensive to host it.

Fascinating.

Please continue to post your parallel universe version of reality. Very entertaining.

I think he's referring to Ernie Elliott's wife ... a charming woman ... didn't like Earnhardt and may or may not have attempted to run over him with her car.

Good times, I forgot about her trying to run Ernie over.

I think he's referring to Ernie Elliott's wife ... a charming woman ... didn't like Earnhardt and may or may not have attempted to run over him with her car.

I have been in a few pits ,and saw some robust wimmins. I think they were driver bodyguards, or enforcers to deal with the riff raff. At least that was my most logical theorims.

I have been in a few pits ,and saw some robust wimmins. I think they were driver bodyguards, or enforcers to deal with the riff raff. At least that was my most logical theorims.
The bodyguards usually have the checkered flag manicures.

00.27.jpg

Pretty good read. We like to rail on Brian France around here, but a lot of people forget that Bill Jr. was no saint either.

Bill Jr was a successful oily salesman and Brian is just a pickled brained dumbass, IMO......:D

Read his book. Chapter 16. That never went over well, don't kid yourself.....
Bills book? I'll have to dig it out when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom