Introducing my kitten, Shay!

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
iPgEPKq.jpg

So I actually adopted Shay from a rescue back in March, but I kept forgetting to post about him here. It took awhile, but he has adjusted to living in a house with two dogs. One of my dogs will play with him, and the other one pretty much ignores him. He is six month old now and he is a wonderful kitten. He's funny, spunky, loves to run and play, but he also loves to cuddle and take naps or sleep with me in my bed.

I did name him after the Lima Shay Locomotives, my favorite steam locomotives.

shay7.jpg

Cute, it's good the dogs and him are good, when I had cats they never liked my dog.

iPgEPKq.jpg

So I actually adopted Shay from a rescue back in March, but I kept forgetting to post about him here. It took awhile, but he has adjusted to living in a house with two dogs. One of my dogs will play with him, and the other one pretty much ignores him. He is six month old now and he is a wonderful kitten. He's funny, spunky, loves to run and play, but he also loves to cuddle and take naps or sleep with me in my bed.

shay7.jpg

Good for you on the rescue !! That locomotive has a very strange drivetrain btw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geared_steam_locomotive

Here's a little bit about the Shay and the gear drive locomotives. There is one used in Colorado for tourist rides --- The Georgetown Loop.
It's a great ride.

There's a place in West Virginia I went to last October, Cass Scenic Railroad. They have a whole host of Shays and other geared locomotives. Our locomotive for that day was Western Maryland RR #6, the biggest Shay locomotive that Lima has ever built. What impressed me the most was the fact that this locomotive pushed our train up at 12% grade.

Can I ask a dumb question?

How do you ipload images to this forum?

You have to upload the image to an image hosting website and then use the Image button on the top of your reply box to post it into here.

I use Imgur.com for image hosting.

You have to upload the image to an image hosting website and then use the Image button on the top of your reply box to post it into here.

I use Imgur.com for image hosting.
I just copy mine to a blank Word document and copy it from there to the post. It's easier that way for me.

shay7.jpg

We rode a narrow gauge side drive in Santa Cruise, Ca. a few years ago. The ride was fun, it took us up the mountain to the top and then back down. To me the most interesting thing about that locomotive was the absolute crazy designed mechanical side drive mechanism, must have been 2000 moving parts.

Can I ask a dumb question?

How do you ipload images to this forum?

I click upload file, then click browse, then open my pictures file and click on photo that I want to share and click open and it shows up at the bottom and I click full image or thumbnail and bingo bango it's done. It took 15 seconds or less to post this picture.

17 IROC champ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom