IOM 2017 ,TT

Riders starting to show their speed.Not surprising the animal who is Michael Dunlop is fastest so far on the Superbike.

http://roadracingnews.co.uk/tt-2017...e-race-in-store-following-qualifying-heroics/

TT 2017: Saturday Practice – Gripping Superbike Race In Store Following Qualifying Heroics

18881954_1467068473355060_5099153030967210218_n.jpg

In nigh on perfect conditions, many of the anticipated 2017 RST Superbike TT front runners, lighted up a Saturday practice session, filled with world class performances.

Bennetts Suzuki’s Michael Dunlop laid down a marker ahead of the six lap race, setting the first 131 mph lap of TT 2017, lapping from a standing start at 131.062.

Already a three times Superbike TT winner, the Ballymoney based rider, is showing extremely impressive form, with the newest incarnation of the GSX-R 1000.

It firmly looks like Suzuki are back in the big time, within the international roads scene.

Smiths Racing’s Peter Hickman underlined why he is regarded as a contender for Superbike honours, finishing second quickest, lapping at 130.629 mph, finishing quicker than anticipated leading BMW Motorrad entrant, Ian Hutchinson.

Dan Kneen produced arguably the performance of practice today, setting his fastest ever lap, unofficially at the TT Races, via lap speed of 130.324 mph.

Fifth fastest behind the Penz 13 BMW, was Friday pace setter Bruce Anstey, Bathams SMT Racing’s Michael Rutter, was the only remaining competitor to lap in excess of the magical 130.

Dean Harrison (129.187) lead the Kawasaki challenge, as Lee Johnston (128.896), James Hillier (128.576) and Martin Jessopp (127.887).

Padgetts Racing’s Conor Cummins (127.622) had a low key practice session, which proved a bit more fruitful for Norton with David Johnson and Josh Brookes, both lapping in excess of 126 mph.

Danny Webb (Penz 13 BMW) and Joe Akroyd (Oilee Racing), where both involved in incidents this morning, Road Racing News wishes both of them, a speedy recovery.

Unfortunately with just minutes to go in the session, practice was red flagged, due to an incident at Greeba Castle.

TT 2017 – Saturday Practice – Superbike Results:

1 Michael Dunlop 131.062
2 Peter Hickman 130.629
3 Ian Hutchinson 130.327
4 Dan Kneen 130.324
5 Michael Rutter 130.036
6 Bruce Anstey 129.913
7 Dean Harrison 129.187
8 Lee Johnston 128.896
9 James Hillier 128.576
10 Martin Jessopp 127.887
11 Conor Cummins 127.622
12 Dan Hegarty 127.462
13 Jamie Coward 127.437
14 Gary Johnson 127.432
15 David Johnson 126.938
16 Derek Sheils 126.709
17 Ivan Lintin 126.514
18 Phil Crowe 126.271
19 Josh Brookes 126.006
20 William Dunlop 125.775
21 Dan Stewart 125.564
22 Sam West 125.377
23 James Cowton 124.828
24 Horst Saiger 124.197
25 Brian McCormack 124.028
26 Michael Sweeney 123.652
27 Danny Webb 123.348
28 Guy Martin 123.316
29 Dan Cooper 123.153
30 Alan Bonner 123.040

Words by Stevie Rial

IMG_3889-300x209.jpg

Nobody better than Hutchy at the the TT. Great run for Hickman and Dean as well

IIP_TT_Superbike_Race_03.JPG

Tyco BMW’s Ian Hutchinson has taken victory in today’s Superbike TT, beating Peter Hickman by five seconds after six laps to increase his overall tally to 16 wins as Dean Harrison completed the podium.

In an incident packed race, which saw race favorite Michael Dunlop retire at Handley’s on lap two, Hickman only trailed Hutchinson by 1.644s at Ramsey at the last time of asking but got the hammer down across the Mountain to win even though Hickman set a 131.103mph final lap.

Harrison had led from Ballaugh Bridge on lap two all the way until Ramsey on lap four until Hutchinson took charge and didn’t look back, taking the victory with a final lap of 130.738.

James Hiller suffered a poor first pit stop which dropped him to fourth place but he got in behind Hutchinson on the road and was able to haul himself back into second on lap five but charges from Hickman and Harrison pushed him back to fourth.

Dan Kneen came back from a 30s pitlane penalty to take fifth place with veteran Michael Rutter in sixth place. David Johnson was the first Norton home in seventh and Josh Brookes put in an astounding 129.127mph final lap to jump into eighth place, ahead of William Dunlop and Martin Jessopp.

Horst Saiger ended in 11th place, Sam West 12th and Bruce Anstey in 13th after stopping at Ramsey to inspect his rear tyre on lap four. Philip Crowe and Jamie Coward compeleted the top ten.

Michael Dunlop had gone all out on lap one, setting a 131.135mph lap from a standing start to set the fastest lap of the week so far but failed to appear at Ballaugh on lap two.

Guy Martin only made it as far as Doran’s on lap one, crashing unhurt which is not good news for Honda. Conor Cummins, on the Padgetts Fireblade, had a nightmare first fuel stop and sank down the order to eventually retire in the pits. Gary Johnson retired at Doran’s on lap three.

- See more at: http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...perbike-win-from-hickman#sthash.ZFdH0CdR.dpuf

POS bike that is responsible for crashing two legends, John McGuiness at the North West 200, and the same thing at the TT with Guy do to neutral and downshift issues.No ****** way am I am putting a leg over that fireblade again at the TT if I'm Guy.

Guy Martin
Page Liked · 2 hrs ·

Guy crash today on the Superbike. Bit bruised but ok. 120mph on his arse. Bike went into neutral on downshift.

18893279_10154881418839023_577398110776271192_n.jpg

_96353930_isleofmantt2017supersport057.jpg

Michael Dunlop secured his 14th TT win by taking victory in Monday's first Supersport race of the week.

The success sees Dunlop move level with Mike Hailwood as the fourth most successful solo TT rider of all time.

The Northern Ireland rider finished 13.2 seconds ahead of runner-up James Hillier in the four-lap race, with Peter Hickman third.

For Dunlop, 28, who was riding a Yamaha, it was his sixth triumph in the Supersport class and first since 2014.

The win will go some way to making up for the Ballymoney man's disappointment at his retirement from the Superbike race while leading on Sunday.

"I was disappointed yesterday and knew I had to stand up and be counted. It took me a lap or two to get bedded in but the boys have worked hard to make the bike the best it can be," said Dunlop.

JG Speedfit Kawasaki pilot Hillier led by 0.4 seconds after lap one but Dunlop moved 2.5 seconds ahead by the end of the lap two thanks to a lap of 126.015mph.

Runner-up again
Hampshire rider Hillier was unable to respond and had to settle for the sixth second place finish of his TT career as Dunlop pulled away to extend his advantage.

Hickman, on board the Smiths Triumph, took his second podium of the week, 13 seconds adrift of Hillier, after coming in behind Ian Hutchinson in the Superbike opener.

The Lincolnshire rider set the fastest lap of the race on 126.85 on his final circuit.

William Dunlop, Hutchinson, who had won the last four Supersport TTs, and Triumph rider Gary Johnson made up the top six.

Former winner Bruce Anstey had to settle for seventh on the Padgett's Honda, while Manxmen Dan Kneen and Conor Cummins were eighth and ninth respectively.

Dean Harrison retired at Ballacraine on lap two while lying third.

Congrats to Josh Brookes for his Classic TT win.

Josh Brookes takes first TT Course win with Bennetts Senior Classic TT Race victory
Saturday, August 26, 2017
CLASSIC TT
Josh-Brookes-Push-600.jpg

Josh Brookes clinched his first TT Mountain Course win with victory in today’s thrilling Bennetts Senior Classic TT Race, the opening race of the 2017 Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts.

The Australian led from the start of the race and completed his victory on the Team Winfield Paton with a commanding thirty-four second gap ahead of runner-up Jamie Coward.Afterwards a clearly elated Brookes said:

“My first board wasn’t updated and the second board had me at ‘P +0 so I gave it everything I’d got and risked blowing the engine. It was nice to be able to fill in for John which is a great honour but also to win the race for the team.”

After a short delay to clear an oil spill on Bray Hill, the Isle of Man Classic TT Races roared into life at 11.45am. Last year’s race winner, 23 time TT Race winner John McGuinness, was the official race starter as he continues his recovery from injuries sustained in his North-West 200 accident.

Ian Lougher, the 2014 race winner, had the honour of being first away on the John Chapman Racing MV Agusta but the Welsh rider was reported as a retirement at Greeba Bridge on the opening lap. Dean Harrison on the Black Eagle Racing MV was also out of the race on the opening lap at Ballagarey while Michael Rutter was unhurt after sliding out at Ballacraine on his Ripley Land Racing Matchless bike.

Brookes was first to Glen Helen, establishing a lead of over seven seconds from William Dunlop on the Davies Motorsport Honda with Maria Costello, looking to emulate her podium place in last year’s race, in third on the Team Beugger Paton less than a second behind Dunlop. Jamie Coward on the Ted Woof Norton was fourth half a second further back with Michael Dunlop riding the Black Eagle Racing MV Agusta fifth.Coward moved into second place at Ballaugh but was already twelve seconds behind Brookes and the Australian extended his lead to over the second placed man to twenty seconds by Ramsey.

Alan Oversby, who was in fifth place, was black flagged at Sulby Bridge with smoke coming out of his Davies Motorsport Honda machine but the Morecambe man was allowed to continue, and given a time credit for the stop, although the bike eventually gave up the ghost at Ballaugh Bridge on his second lap.

Jamie Coward was first through the Grandstand clocking 108.340mph but Josh Brookes was the leader at the end of the opening lap with his lap of 111.295 (20:20.432) – his fastest of the week. Maria Costello maintained her third place (108.204) a second behind Coward with William Dunlop (107.743) and Bill Swallow (105.625) rounding out the top five.

However Swallow, who came into the pits at the end of his first lap, was given a thirty second penalty for speeding in the pits which dropped him down the order while Michael Dunlop retired in the pits at the end of his opening lap when running in 11th place.

Josh Brookes posted 110.839 on his second lap, and elected to run straight through which gave him a lead of almost forty seconds over second placed Coward - who was timed at 110.054 - which would be needed with Coward able to complete four straight laps on the single cylinder Norton.

Costello, however did choose to come in for a ‘splash and dash’ on the second lap and her lead of less than a second over Dunlop became a forty eight second deficit by Glen Helen on her third lap with Dunlop still to pit. Michael Russell riding for Izzard Racing Norton was the leading privateer and completed the top five.

The true race leader board only became clearer at the end of the third lap with Josh Brookes coming in for a fifty-three second pit stop after a lap of 110.823 and Jamie Coward running straight through after a third lap of 110.057, the fastest ever single cylinder lap of the Mountain Course. Brookes lead was duly revealed to be down to 2.5 seconds ahead of Coward at Glen Helen on his fourth lap.

William Dunlop also came in at the end of his third lap (108.606) and with a 39 second pit stop, he remained in third place at Glen Helen on the last lap, 8 seconds ahead of Costello but well over a minute behind the leading pair.

At the front of the field Brookes continued to move ahead of Coward and a last lap of 108.068 gave the Australian his first TT Mountain Course victory in 1:22.11.712./ 110.167mph
Coward held the runner up position with an overall race time of 1:22.45.472/ 109.412 while Dunlop clinched the final podium place with a last lap of 104.449 and an overall race time of 1:24.18.778/ 107.400. Costello (1:24.26.278/ 107.241) finished fourth with Dominic Herbertson fifth and Bill Swallow sixth. Michael Russell, who finished in seventh place, was the leading privateer.

Josh Brookes on his way to a Senior Classic TT win.

DIKRO2WXkAA_9vU.jpg

DIKNip_WAAA0qoi.jpg

Michael Dunlop who eventually retired in the pits.

DIKNkd3XoAQnVtM.jpg

DIKNl8BW0AASG8q.jpg

3p for William Dunlop

DIKNoSgXcAEUCFH.jpg

Congrats to the Flying Kiwi on his win and setting the first ever 120 mph lap by a two stroke machine on the Isle of Man.Bruce is a LEGEND!

http://roadracingnews.co.uk/anstey-...cords-on-route-to-dunlop-lightweight-victory/
21032441_1566283956727294_6395357498208136580_n.jpg

_97527722_mediaitem97527716.jpg

Repeating his dominance of last year, 35 times international road race winner Bruce Anstey set new lap/race records on his way to a second successive Lightweight Classic TT victory.

Never headed in the four lap race, the genial New Zealander was in a class of his own on the Padgetts RS 250 Honda.

Lapping from a standing start at 119.888 mph, lap two saw him create yet another moment of Mountain Course history, setting the first ever 120 mph lap by a two stroke machine on the Isle of Man’s historic and unrivalled roads.

The lap speed, which stood at 120.475 mph at the time gave him a lead of plus 51 seconds, on fellow multi TT winner Dan Sayle.

The Manxman though soon encountered problems with the Steelcote Solutions Ltd Yamaha on lap three, which elevated Michael Rutter aboard the Red Fox Grinta Racing Ducati into a fine second place.

1 minute 24.857 seconds behind race winner Anstey, the West Midlands based racer perhaps surprised some with his performance, given that he’s not as recognised for his two stroke exploits, as the likes of third place finisher, Laylaw Racing’s Ian Lougher.

Ivan Lintin was a very creditable fourth, whilst Phil Harvey battled his way to fifth in front of Turner Racing’s Dan Cooper.

Remaining places within the top ten were clinched respectively by Paul Owen, leading privateer Stuart Hall, Rikki McGovern and former TT Privateers champion Dan Stewart.

Added noteworthy results included Steven Howard 14th, Adrian Morris 15th, Ben Rea 16th and Peter Moore 18th whilst the sole newcomer to finish the four lap race was David Glover in 30th place.

Michael Dunlop in the mix early on for a podium retired at the pits at the end of lap 1, whilst additional high profile competitors to endure 250 woes included Dan Kneen, Davy Morgan and Gary Vines.

Dunlop Lightweight Classic TT – Race Results:

1 Bruce Anstey
2 Michael Rutter
3 Ian Lougher
4 Ivan Lintin
5 Phil Harvey
6 Dan Cooper
7 Paul Owen
8 Stuart Hall
9 Rikki McGovern
10 Dan Stewart
11 Peter Boast
12 Alex Sinclair
13 Michael Sweeney
14 Steven Howard
15 Adrian Morris
16 Ben Rea
17 Tom Snow
18 Peter Moore
19 Dave Madsen Mygdal
20 Stephen Ault
21 Eric Lenser
22 Jim Barnett
23 Simon Hunt
24 Alistair Haworth
25 Chris Moore
26 James Ford
27 Christopher Dowling
28 James Tye
29 Andrew Cowie
30 David Glover
31 Grant Dalton
32 Lee Jennings

Words by Stevie Rial

"We have been targeting the 120mph lap so it’s great to get it in the bag." - Bruce Anstey

DILIYe-WAAAImWY.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love the Classic TT. So cool, and so much history.

In this pic, you can see the Kawasaki triple two stroke 500 which was the first bike I rode in my early twenties, but it was MEAN green. And when I say" MEAN," I say it, because it was fast, and the worst handling bike of all time.I had some scary moments on that bike, including high-speed wobbles at 118 mph.I ended up selling it, but wish I hadn't because even though it was a handful, it was still a fun ride.

DIOubxKXcAEknk1.jpg:large

001.jpg

Cameron Donald on the Britten at the Festival of Speed at Jurby.

DIQUGhDXkAIASK0.jpg

Sete Gibernau's Ducati at today's Isle of Man VMCC Festival of Jurby.

DIQmjsRXUAE0oJv.jpg

Jamie Coward on his way to a p2 in the TT classic.

DIRKBTJXYAIGkvF.jpg:large

Last edited:
What an epic race. Dean Harrison wins and has become one of the best pure road racers on the planet.The flying Kiwi Bruce Anstey finishes 2p and as usual breaks the lap record.Great run for Horst Saiger who finishes 3p.

https://www.iomtt.com/News/2017/08/29/Motorsport-Merchandise-Superbike-Classic-TT-Race.aspx

Harrison takes impressive win in sensational Superbike Classic TT Race
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
CLASSIC TT RESULTS
Dean-Superbike.jpg

Bruce Anstey broke the outright lap record twice in today’s Motorsport Merchandise Superbike Classic TT Race, the final race of the 2017 Isle of Man Classic TT presented by Bennetts but had to settle for second place as Dean Harrison won a thrilling race by sixteen seconds, breaking the race record in the process.

After the race Harrison revealed that he eased off on the last lap and had been feeling unwell:

“I could see that we’d got a lead of thirty seconds so I cruised a bit on the last lap because I’ve been under the weather so I was over the moon to win. The team has been together all year and we had a great pit stop – they are just getting slicker and slicker. I’d like to thank everyone for cheering me on and the marshals for doing a great job all week.”
At the end of the race, Bruce Anstey revealed that he’d had a few visibility problems, which caused him problems:

“I had a bit of dust kicked up so I just took it easy on the first lap and then we lost time in the pits because we have to take on more fuel than the four strokes. However I was pretty determined on the last lap and just thought I’d go for the lap record.”

At the start of the race, riders were advised of a number of damp patches around the course following yesterday’s rain ahead of the delayed Motorsport Merchandise Superbike Race, the final race of the 2017 Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts.

Australian David Johnson the Team York Suzuki was first away from the grandstand at 2.50pm followed by Bruce Anstey, riding the Padgetts Motorcycles.com Yamaha YZR 500 and Michael Dunlop, the fastest qualifier, on the Team Classic Suzuki machine.

Ahead of the start, Anstey stated that he intended to try and establish an early gap from Michael Dunlop but the Northern Ireland rider was ahead of Anstey, albeit only marginally by less than a second with Johnson a further six seconds back.

However, Dean Harrison, on the Silicone Engineering Kawasaki ZXR 750 was the early race leader – almost four seconds ahead of Dunlop on the clock at the opening sector. Horst Saiger, promoted up the order from an original start number of 16 following a strong qualifying session, was fourth on the Greenall Racing Kawasaki, two seconds behind Anstey, with Jamie Coward on the 1992 Mistral Racing Kawasaki completing the top five.
Anstey moved ahead of Dunlop at Ballaugh with Dunlop clearly experiencing problems, dropping to eleventh place by Ramsey with Saiger moving into the final podium place but at the front of the field Harrison extended his lead to over six seconds. David was leading teammate Gary in a Team York Suzuki battle of the Johnsons for fourth and fifth.

Harrison’s opening lap of 126.387 put him almost eight seconds ahead of second placed rider Bruce Anstey (125.450) with Horst Saiger (123.837) completing the top three a further fourteen seconds back from Anstey. Jamie Coward’s lap of 123.258 put him in fourth place ahead of David Johnson (123.122) and Gary Johnson (122.549).

However, Michael Dunlop pulled in at the Grandstand at the end of the opening lap. James Hillier on the Oxford Products Ducati was also reported as a retirement at Ballacraine on his second lap when running in 13th place.

However, at the front of the field the top three were unchanged at Glen Helen on the second lap but behind the leading trio Jamie Coward was reported as a retirement at the Vaaish on the run in to Glen Helen moving David and Gary Johnson back into fourth and fifth respectively.

Anstey broke Michael Dunlop’s lap record from last year with his second lap of 126.995 but held the record for less than a minute with Harrison clocking 127.212mph on his second lap, giving the Bradford based rider a lead of almost ten seconds. The times were all the more remarkable as the leading pair were slowing down coming in to the pits.

Harrison’s Silicone Engineering team gained time on the Padgetts Motorcycles.com outfit in the pits with a fifty-seven second turn around to Anstey’s time of 1 minute 11 seconds, with the two stroke requiring more fuel than the four strokes, and Harrison’s lead duly grew decisively to almost thirty seconds by Glen Helen on the third lap.

Saiger maintained third place ahead of the Team York Suzuki pair David and Gary Johnson in fourth and fifth with Ivan Lintin on the Kraus Racing Kawasaki in sixth and Dan Kneen, Coward’s Mistral Racing Kawasaki teammate, enjoying a remarkable charge through the field up into seventh from seventeenth at the end of the first lap.

Josh Brookes, riding the Advanced Performance Coastings Rotary Manx Norton, retired at Glen Tramman when running 8th while Gary Johnson was also reported as a retirement at the ‘Mountain Mile’.

Harrison maintained his decisive lead with a third lap of 119.983 to Anstey’s 117.974 with Saiger (118.414) holding third place ahead of David Johnson. New fifth placed man Dan Kneen was almost thirty seconds ahead of fellow Manx rider Conor Cummins on the Padgetts Motorcycles.com Yamaha with Lintin reported as a retirement at the Mountain Mile.

Harrison’s last lap of 125.970 secured the race in a new race record (124.815/ 1:12.32.923) with Anstey having the consolation of regaining the lap record with a last lap of 127.496 to finish in 124.357/ 1:12.48.971. Horst Saiger held third place to gain his first Mountain Course podium with David Johnson fourth and Dan Kneen completing the top five. Dan Stewart, riding the Wilcock Consulting Kawasaki was the leading privateer in 11th place.
DIaBOudWAAAX6po.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom