IRL Race

W

Ward Burton

I dont know what It looked like on TV but, that race was pretty good...I have decided that Gil De Ferran is my favorite IRL driver. What is the infiniti series, we watched that race, but I have never heard of it before?

:) Glad you had a good time. How about Bryan Herta!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: Andretti Green power!!!!!!!!!! The Infini pro series is a feeder series for the IRL, it's the IRL's version of the Busch series, where drivers go to get experience before moving up to the IRL.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jul 6 2003, 06:32 PM
:) Glad you had a good time. How about Bryan Herta!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: Andretti Green power!!!!!!!!!! The Infini pro series is a feeder series for the IRL, it's the IRL's version of the Busch series, where drivers go to get experience before moving up to the IRL.
Well that Infiniti race was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The front guys raced side by side forever, and then the final lap the 2nd guy got in line, and settled for a second place finish.

Hey Ward I went to the race as well. I missed the first half of the Pro Series race but I saw the last half and it was nuts. This is the third year I have gone to watch the IRL circus at Kansas and also the third year they have come here. Three in a row, and the Pro Series race was the craziest in those years. At one point the lead two cars banged wheels on the front straight, and they were in a pack of like 6 cars for 10-15 laps and were dicing like crazy. Great racing.

As for the IRL race, it was awsome too. Poor Helio and Sheckter had some kind of problem where they slowed for half a lap and then came back up to speed. Sheckter came tearing through the field and I was rooting for him to win but something terminal broke and he lost a couple laps. Dixon also had probs at some point I guess in the pits. Gil, and Kanaan look great until they had to make that final stop and let the sleeper of the field, Herta to win. I doubt anyone thought he would win. I went to the shops outside the track to try to find a model of his car but couldn't.

I feel sorry for poor Giaffone after his huge accident and he broke his right leg I believe. I must put all the blame on Weldon, because the camera's weren't always on him, but he made some very dangerous blocks and moves on fellow drivers and finally he ended up in the wall and injured another. That is always cool to see all of the stuff that isn't seen on TV by going to the race.

For those of you that have got to stand next to an IRL car, they are a lot bigger than I ever thought. This is the first year me and my dad walked the shops and stands in front of the speedway and saw the cars and motors and all that stuff. Pretty cool. They also had a Toyota Atlantic car and a barber dodge car. Those Barber Dodge cars have like Iron steel suspensions. They are like 3-4" in diameter.

Anyways I advise everyone to check out an IRL race close to them as well as always go to the shops and stands out front and see those cars for whatever race you go to because I garantee you will be suprised.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Jul 7 2003, 05:49 PM

I feel sorry for poor Giaffone after his huge accident and he broke his right leg I believe. I must put all the blame on Weldon, because the camera's weren't always on him, but he made some very dangerous blocks and moves on fellow drivers and finally he ended up in the wall and injured another. That is always cool to see all of the stuff that isn't seen on TV by going to the race.

I cheer for Wheldon because he drives a AGR car, but he's drivin like a complete moron in nearly every race. I think Michael should fire him because he injures more drivers with his bonehead driving. :( Get well soon Felipe.

Hey BebiF1, where were you sitting? And where do you live? I live about 2 hours south of KC.

Go Gil De Ferran! :)

I meant before he injures more drivers, in my last post. :D

If start/finish cuts the grandstands into two halves, I was a quarter of the way towards turn four. And about half the way up.
Sec. 224, Row 40, Seat 11
I live in Independence. Several miles east of Kansas City.

I know where Independence is.

My seat was

Section 248, Row 47, Seat 11

Race was decided by fuel, kinda reminiscient of another race that weekend

I wish that Gil De Ferran won though...It was a great race none the less that the winner didnt pit the last time to get fuel.

Back
Top Bottom