IRL tv ratings for Phoenix

T

The_Mad_Hatter

From motorsportstv.com:

Final IRL Ratings Disappoint

The final ratings for the IRL race from Phoenix on March 23 are finally in, and they're not encouraging. The race on ABC pulled in a 0.9 rating and 2 share, down 25 percent from last year's 1.2 rating. It was the lowest-rated sports broadcast of the weekend. It couldn't outpace Arena League football on NBC (1.2), the NHL on ABC (1.2), or the GMAC NBA Shootaround on ABC (1.4). (Ratings from Sports Business Daily) (4/2)

That's disheartening to see. If people would just give it a chance I think they would find the IRL interesting. I used to have absolutely no use for it. Knowing people on one of the teams is what helped me get into it. At first I only watched it because of them. It didn't take long for me to actually enjoy it. Gimmedirt4life can attest to that. He went to the Richmond race with me last yr and he's been hooked every since then. The IRL had some of the BEST racing out there last yr, esp towards the end of the season. Wheel to wheel racing, milliseconds difference in who crossed the finish line.... People don't realize what they're missing out on.....

:unsure:

i think it might just be a sport people like to watch in person but not on TV.. i'm like that with Baseball, i rarely watch on TV but go to a game whenever possible

Back
Top Bottom