Is it just me or does...

H

Happy29

NBC has to be lost or something, last year they showed more Busch Series races than they did Winston Cup, this year, they're doing the same. What the hell is wrong with them, those moron executives overpay the bills, they show horrible tv shows already, theyre giving Matt Leblanc his own show, and now for some unknown reason, they think the Busch Series is the more popular series. I dont know, must be some TNT/NBC deal to get TNT more money.

Not only are cup races at least twice as long as Busch races, but better programming is shown on Sunday, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It's called forcing the cable companys in race happy areas of the country to add TNT to their line up. Fox was the first to do this in 2001 by putting the June Michigan race & the Winston on FX. I'm thinking that the Dover WC race was on FX too that year? At least I had TNT then...never heard of FX when NASCAR made the big TV deal. Lucky for me, I only missed one race that was on FX before my cable company added them...it was the 2001 Busch race at Rockingham. I am on Charter & a lot of the folks in my part of the state that have Time Warner only got FX last year...so they missed a lot of races. The Time Warner folks in some areas didn't even have TNT & missed some of those races. To this day...some of the Time Warner folks don't get SpeedChannel & miss the CTS among other things. My bro is in Milwaukee & gets Speed, but my dad is in the southern burbs of Milw & does not get Speed.

I think that NBC plans to show the last 10 or so races on NBC only, and Nascar in september and october will get better and more important ratings againts the NFL than now againts whatever is on now

Proab;y because NBC has nothign to show on saturdays and they have other things that can be shown on sunday. but NBC does need more cup races

What are you talking about??

Am I completely misunderstanding this topic?

According to every schedule I can find anywhere NBC will broadcast 13 Winston Cup races this season and 5 Busch series races.....................

TNT will have 7 WC races and 12 Busch races.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Aug 1 2003, 10:41 PM
Proab;y because NBC has nothign to show on saturdays and they have other things that can be shown on sunday. but NBC does need more cup races
yeah. NBC has stuff better to show than NWC, like Le Mans & tennis :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom