Is this mean?

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Candy bowl on the left of the table, atop a white glove hand. A sign written in ketchup (blood) will say "Eat Me" on top (think Alice in Wonderland) with "But do not touch" below it, tied to the edge of the bowl.

A [plastic] pumpkin on the right, with IR LED's in the mouth and IR camera where the right eye should be, atop another white glove hand

A laptop in the center, with cheshire cat over the screen (Back to Alice) and cover over the keyboard, mouth cut out to show the image off the IR camera (an LCD monitor will be under the table with me so I can see them approaching)

Porch mostly dimmed out- IR can't pass thru glass so blinds will still be open. Going to have glow-wire/cool neon designs in the driveway to show that we're open for business. Driveway lights will be on, plus street lamp across street. But should be enough lighting where the IR camera/LED combo will have a perfect light balance of IR to visible light.

So when the kids walk up, they're greeted by the headless pumpkinman, and they can see themselves in the cat's mouth even though the porch is semi-dark. I'll pop up from under the table with a brown paper bag over my head (think Scooby Doo, or elsewise) to give them their candy. So I'm combining Scooby-Doo, Alice, and the headless horseman into one slightly fun halloween project.

The cool neon/glow wire sign has already been made, I just have to modify the plastic pumpkin for the LED matrix and camera, use toilet paper tubes and cardboard to make the hands, and print a cheshire cat and keyboard cover the size of the laptop screen and base, lay it on cardboard, and cut the mouth out/do decorations. Not too much work.

I did something similar before, using a zip-lined wireless camera and a TV on the porch. I told them to watch out for the ghost coming up on them from behind, it scared the little ones, older kids figured it out though because they could hear the motor pulling the camera down and back up.

I'm an evil neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom