It is official

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
@mike honcho And the few other DFW people, you've been put on watch for the NHRA Fall Nationals in Ennis.

Entry list hit the 36 car quota today, we got in at #36. 11 provisional positions are available for the top 10 in national points as well as last year's winner for 47 entries total.

The current 32 car field record was set at Bowling Green last weekend at a 6.348 . The St. Louis national is anticipated to reset that record down to a 31 or 32. Looking at this list, knowing at least 4 more cars will be getting in, Dallas could easily reset down to a 6.28 or deeper.

Some of the cars on this list have ran faster than what I have noted; I just quickly pulled a couple qualifying sheets and started filling in blanks. Boesch has been 5.90, Philpot has been 5.90. Thorp, both Hudgins, Dion, Swann, Unruh are all 6teen capable. Danny Nelson hasn't used his provisional yet for a 6teen car. Boesch has a second car on provisional that's been 5.90's.

It's gonna be a wild one.

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.02.48 PM.png

Last edited:
New personal best.

Went 6.16 with a 48 pulley in Q1 to be #5, switched to 47 pulley in Q2 but missed the fuel setup and went 6.26, put the correct(ish) fuel setup in it for Q3 with the 47 pulley and went 6.05

IMG_20181005_164857_629.jpg

This comp looks amazing

We hurt the motor o .That pass, won't let me upload the photo, but had 1 plug with the electrode starting to melt and another with no electrode left. Also think we lost a head gasket probably. But we're just gonna send it.

@Nitro Dude came by and said hi, we warmed the car up, and the bottom fell out of the sky.

The puke tank was full of fuel (3/4 of an ozarka bottle worth) so we are a little concerned about the head gasket still, but we think it's fine enough to beat on some more

Super street, super comp, super stock, promodQ3, then pro Q3, pro Q4, then alcohol round 1, then TD1, stock, TS1, super classes, TD2, stock, TS2

Super street, super comp, super stock, promodQ3, then pro Q3, pro Q4, then alcohol round 1, then TD1, stock, TS1, super classes, TD2, stock, TS2
We decided not to run today. We ran a 4.12 and a 4.05 at 310 mph yesterday and ended up qualifying 11th. We have Robert Hight 1st round tomorrow.

We decided not to run today. We ran a 4.12 and a 4.05 at 310 mph yesterday and ended up qualifying 11th. We have Robert Hight 1st round tomorrow.
Given the weather, I think a solid A to B will work just fine tomorrow.

We never ran today. Scheduled for 0900, rain. reschedule to 19:00, rain. Think we are fourth out tomorrow morning starting at 0730.

Scheduled to run at 9:15ish, rained this morning. Who knows when we will run now.

Dad went around the other guy and shut it off for the win.

Guy we run second round won on a red light and shut his off at 1000'.

So the game of darts continues. We have no idea what we are doing. LOL

Last edited:
https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=346433

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
494 Steve McDermott 4962 Scott Barker
E1 ****WINNER**** 0.015 6.122 218.72 0.020 6.267 215.86
T/D Dial: 6.07 (+/-): 0.052 T/D Dial: 6.20 (+/-): 0.067
Qualified: #3 6.055 223.47 #19 6.191 225.37

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
492G Wayne Johnson 491C Mario Boesch
E1 ****WINNER**** 0.035 6.707 192.44 -0.019 9.354 81.96
T/D Dial: 6.30 (+/-): 0.407 T/D Dial: 6.19 (+/-): 3.164
Qualified: #27 6.266 223.73 #11 6.105 226.24

That's our E2 matchup. Dad rapped the throttle once (5.46 to 5.67) then shut off at 5.86 to take 0.020 stripe going around the other guy. The person we run in round 2 shut off at 1000'. So neither of us know what to really dial.

None of our 3 qualifying runs were clean. We went 6.16, 6.26, and 6.05 . The 1000-1320 increments on those were 0.994, 1.01, and 0.998

The problem is that our same incremental for round 1 was 0.998 ..... while dad coasted for roughly half a second in that same window. All we can figure is that it was on a 0.94x top end run, which would have put it right on the 6.06 / 6.07 dial that Dad and I were bouncing off eachother before settling on 6.07 .

Won round 2, and round 3 was going great until the finish line. We're 6.076 on a 6.07 dial, but dad's 0.0012 behind at the stripe then the wing blows off.

Heading to the Scott Clark / Kebin Kinsley shop now to get the wing fixed before we head out to OKC on Thursday.

Also found we need a set of tires. 31 runs and these ones are blistered badly.

Sorry we didn't get to say bye, @Nitro Dude .

Dropped the wing and strut off, and got tires from Summit. Heading home now to get this car turned around and ready to head out Thursday

Won round 2, and round 3 was going great until the finish line. We're 6.076 on a 6.07 dial, but dad's 0.0012 behind at the stripe then the wing blows off.

Heading to the Scott Clark / Kebin Kinsley shop now to get the wing fixed before we head out to OKC on Thursday.

Also found we need a set of tires. 31 runs and these ones are blistered badly.

Sorry we didn't get to say bye, @Nitro Dude .
I went over to Steve Torrences party for a little while after he won and then I pulled out of the track at 10.30 Sun night heading to Charlotte. I'm at the GA / SC state line right now. When I was going north on I-45 about half way between Ennis and Dallas I saw a new dragstrip that had a lot off street cars racing around 11.00 pm. What's the story on that track.

I went over to Steve Torrences party for a little while after he won and then I pulled out of the track at 10.30 Sun night heading to Charlotte. I'm at the GA / SC state line right now. When I was going north on I-45 about half way between Ennis and Dallas I saw a new dragstrip that had a lot off street cars racing around 11.00 pm. What's the story on that track.
https://www.xtremeracewaypark.com/

MH got most of it.

The track cost 6.5 mil to cost, Clyde Scott footed it 100% cash, Gaylen Smith manages it. IHRA Sanctioned, it's flat as water and they have 3x the equipment that motorplex has. Zambonie, rotator, static drag, 100% concrete parking.
Crandall was the concrete palace. XRP is being called the concrete palace paid with cash. Adding more concrete parking over winter, also adding a tractor pull pad and a mud bog hole.

Just don't F*** with anything. Clyde has already knocked 2 people out cold for messing with track or equipment. Has more cameras than a military fort. Police have not charged him either time, "self defense".

MH got most of it.

The track cost 6.5 mil to cost, Clyde Scott footed it 100% cash, Gaylen Smith manages it. IHRA Sanctioned, it's flat as water and they have 3x the equipment that motorplex has. Zambonie, rotator, static drag, 100% concrete parking.
Crandall was the concrete palace. XRP is being called the concrete palace paid with cash. Adding more concrete parking over winter, also adding a tractor pull pad and a mud bog hole.

Just don't F*** with anything. Clyde has already knocked 2 people out cold for messing with track or equipment. Has more cameras than a military fort. Police have not charged him either time, "self defense".
Is it a quarter mile?

Back
Top Bottom