Italian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Open Wheel Racing' started by Mispeedway15, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Figured I’d start this since no one has. Ferrari one-two at Italy feels like Chase Elliott on the pole, place will lose their minds if either Kimi or Sebastian win

2. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Hartley has zero luck.

3. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Hamilton takes Vettel out! Haha that was a Kyle Busch move right there slamming the door from the outside

4. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Ferrari just might have ****** Vettel completely.

5. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Correction: Vettel took himself out.

6. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

Even the German announcers said it was Vettel's fault. And I can't remember the last time they did, so this is remarkable.

7. Vettel going to be back in the top 5 within 10 laps lol

8. Reck

Reck Enrique?

The pit stops will be interesting to say the least.

9. donthaveanickname

How many engines has Ricciardo lost this year? They seem to have issues every second race.

10. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Red Bull is just cruelly trolling Ric. **** them.

He made the right choice of leaving them.

donthaveanickname likes this.
  11. Danny’s luck has been completely sh!t since Monaco

12. Can already see how this is going play out

13. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Is it really bad luck or lack of effort on part of his team?

In my opinion, Ricciarado has never had quite the respect he deserves from his own team. They have been screwing him and treating him as a second class citizien as far back as I can remember.

14. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Bottas better be earning more than Hamilton.

I hate these cheap tactics.

15. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Kimi does not have the grip he needs in parabolica.

That's not a good sign.

16. Agreed I want to see Legit Hamilton/Kimi battle where Lewis runs him down, not another Mercedes holding up Kimi so Hamilton can catch up

17. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Vettel might win this race because Kimi and Hamilton have killed their tires.

18. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Verstappen might get this. These tires are getting absolutely eaten up by this track

19. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Max is an idiot. Gets warned not to do it again and then goes ahead and runs Bottas off the track.

20. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Jesus Hamilton is right there. Also no way there is no penalty to Verstappen for that check

21. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Ugh.

Kimi did everything he could.

22. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Wow. Strong move on the outside.

23. Reck

Reck Enrique?

And holy sh!t. Kimi has already fallen off to the tune of almost 2 seconds.

24. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Max is delusional.

25. Hamilton better thank Bottas. Sick and ****ing tired of this team orders, it’s not racing, it’s bullsh!t. Not saying Lewis wouldn’t have gotten by, but I would rather have a natural battle build up to it

DSquad48 and Reck like this.
  26. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Feel so bad for the Italian fans. What an awful day for Ferrari considering what promise the day had

27. Feel for Kimi, man deserves a win so much. Wish we had gotten a Kimi/Lewis Battle without Bottas holding up and in turn destroying Kimi’s tires

28. donthaveanickname

I was really rooting for Kimi today, that was probably his best chance to get a win this year.
    It looks like it's gonna be his final season for Ferrari. If he signed a contract extension, they would've announced it this weekend.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  29. Reck

Reck Enrique?

You can also than Vettel for the end results. Easily could have finished 1-2.

Knowing how much faster they were, Vettel could have ease up when he saw Hamilton next to him then get him back in the next corner like Kimi did when Hamilton passed him.

This was a super unexpected outcome for me. Good race too. Racy.

30. It’s was Bottas’s “mission” to hold up Kimi. What a joke. Only reason they keep Bottas is because he does whatever they want him to and he doesn’t care

31. Don’t know what Lewis did that was so fantastic, typically Lewis slopfest

32. donthaveanickname

Mercedes has been doing moves like this for years, not only in F1, but also in DTM.
    The most remarkable was probably at Red Bull Ring in 2015. Wickens (#6) was told to hold up Timo Scheider (#10), so that Pascal Wehrlein (#94), who led the championship coming into that race, could get by both of them.
    After that, Audi's team boss Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich came on the radio telling Scheider to push him out ("Schieb ihn raus!") and Scheider wrecked both Wickens and Wehrlein.
    That was the dirtiest drving I can remember, Audi was fined €100,000, Scheider was disqualified from that race and suspended for another race. Dr. Ullrich was suspended for the rest of the season.

33. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

I don’t know entirely, that track position helped him get on the podium

34. Doc Austin

Doc Austin Team Extreme Flight

I thought he had finally turned the corner but when driving dirty is your first instinct there's not a lot of hope.