It's Final!

17_Fan

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nasca...n-divorce_x.htm

Gordon's bitter divorce saga over
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Four-time Winston Cup champion Jeff Gordon paid an undisclosed share of his fortune to settle a bitter divorce.
Gordon's seven-year marriage to Brooke Gordon ended with a final judgment filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court this week. The settlement agreement was not recorded with the court.

"Brooke is very happy the divorce is now over, and she wishes Jeff Gordon well in his racing career," said her attorney, Jeffrey Fisher, who refused to comment on the terms of the settlement.

"The parties entered into an amicable agreement after a lengthy mediation," said Thomas Sasser, Gordon's West Palm Beach-based attorney.

The high-profile divorce was scheduled for a six-day trial in October before Circuit Judge Peter Blanc in Delray Beach. But attorneys said each party negotiated their share in the split. Brooke Gordon, 32, waived her right to alimony.

The court filing grants Brooke $15 million in liens on the couple's $10.2 million, 23,095-square-foot oceanfront home in Highland Beach and a Delray Beach property worth $1.36 million.

But the court filing does not detail the full extent of the division of assets, which include boats, a Falcon 200 airplane, Ferraris, Porsches and Mercedes-Benzes.

Normally, assets accumulated during a marriage are divided 50-50 under Florida law.

But the 31-year-old driver asked for a greater share because of his dangerous occupation. He claimed in court filings that he had a net worth of $48 million. His wife argued the figure was vastly understated.

The divorce marred the storybook relationship of the couple, who met at Daytona 500's Victory Lane in 1994 after he won the race. Jennifer Brooke Sealey was a model holding the title of Miss Winston, and Jeff Gordon was NASCAR's golden boy.

Brooke, who filed for divorce in March 2002, may have gotten an upper hand in the dispute when her attorneys discovered that Gordon's financial interest in racing teams were valued at five times more than what he reported in affidavits.

To gain information, Brooke Gordon's attorneys researched the value of racing teams, going so far as to subpoena car owners during Daytona 500 week in February.

A motion filed on behalf of Brooke Gordon indicated the appraisals showed Gordon's interest in the racing teams could be worth as much as $45 million, much more than Jeff Gordon's stated value of $9 million, according to court records.

I just bet the guy is glad it's over.Reminds me of the country song:'All I'm saying is I dont mind payin',just take that woman away!'

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jun 13 2003, 11:25 AM
The court filing grants Brooke $15 million in liens on the couple's $10.2 million, 23,095-square-foot oceanfront home in Highland Beach and a Delray Beach property worth $1.36 million.
Guys, this goes to show, NEVER EVER marry a former Miss Winston!!!

I just hope she goes away quietly and that he doesn't make the same type of mistake any time soon.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jun 13 2003, 10:17 PM
I just hope she goes away quietly and that he doesn't make the same type of mistake any time soon.
If she goes away quietly, she won't refer to herself as Brooke Gordon. Other than that........she can just go away!

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jun 13 2003, 09:17 PM
he doesn't make the same type of mistake any time soon.
Just say prenuptial. :lol:

You know, being married to Brooke had to be a very enjoyable thing. But, I can't imagine it was enjoyable enough to be worth that much money. <_<

In addition, I am also very glad they didn't have any kids to screw up with this deal.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jun 14 2003, 03:44 AM
I'm not sure...she seems like she'd be cold in the bedroom. ;)
I don't know man...she's looked pretty hot every time I've seen her. :p

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Jun 13 2003, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Jun 13 2003, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan@Jun 14 2003, 03:44 AM
I'm not sure...she seems like she'd be cold in the bedroom.&nbsp; ;)
I don't know man...she's looked pretty hot every time I've seen her. :p [/b][/quote]
I'll rephrase that...how about frigid. :lol:

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Jun 13 2003, 10:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Jun 13 2003, 10:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -4xchampncountin@Jun 13 2003, 09:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan
@Jun 14 2003, 03:44 AM
I'm not sure...she seems like she'd be cold in the bedroom.  ;)

I don't know man...she's looked pretty hot every time I've seen her. :p
I'll rephrase that...how about frigid. :lol: [/b][/quote]
:eek:

Yeah and like Jeffy pooh looks like a real stud....Bet he was exciting in the bedroom.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jun 14 2003, 04:36 AM
Yeah and like Jeffy pooh looks like a real stud
Won't get an arguement from me...but my daughter thinks he is a hottie. But she has liked him since she was 5 years old & I figured it had to do with his 'Barney' the dinosaur voice! :lol:

He is probably as quick in bed as he is on the track.... :eek:
"And here comes Jeff sliding between the sheets...and he has set another record for the quickest time!"
Bad I know. Sorry!

This thread is gettin' naughty! ^_^ hehe

DeeDee, I love the post you made. Bad, bad, but funny as hell!

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jun 14 2003, 06:43 AM
He is probably as quick in bed as he is on the track.... :eek:
"And here comes Jeff sliding between the sheets...and he has set another record for the quickest time!"
Bad I know. Sorry!
(in my best Austin Power's accent) Ohhh, behave!! :D

Back
Top Bottom