It's Monster

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
MKT_NASCAR-ME_922x520-vertical.jpg

This also all but proves that the term "cup" will be removed as well.

5-hour is in the good. No chance of a Red Bull comeback though (not that they would want to, anyways).

They should come back.

So many drivers had Red Bull as their crutch and lost it. They have plenty of funding to come back to American Motorsports.

Hmmm...

Matt Weaver ‏@MattWeaverAW
Monster's Mark Hall says younger generations set trends and it's up to older people to adapt. He was asked about retaining existing fans.

That may come off as brash and arrogant, but it's true in many ways. And the "retaining existing fans" ship has already sailed. NASCAR needs a new attitude and direction, and that confidence is needed from their new marketing partner.

That may come off as brash and arrogant, but it's true in many ways. And the "retaining existing fans" ship has already sailed. NASCAR needs a new attitude and direction, and that confidence is needed from their new marketing partner.
I wonder what new direction that could possibly be? NASCAR is already very different in many ways from what it was 15 or 20 years ago.

This announcement was really, really rushed. They still have no series name to announce, no official logo, no trophy, etc.

One leading candidate is said to the Brian Scott Legacy Series Presented by Monster Energy.

My only hope is that Monster Energy redesignes the trophy into something more classically designed, and they take a good hard look at making the championship system as common sensical as possible.

I wonder what new direction that could possibly be? NASCAR is already very different in many ways from what it was 15 or 20 years ago.

The "Nature Bakery effect".

New age sponsors for the new generation. Advocare, Snap Fitness, etc.

All types of alternative sponsors focusing on fitness, caffinated beverages, and gluten-free foods. All **** millenials like.lol

All you need is Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, and Tim Hortons. Hell, NASCAR will be swimming in millenial cash.lol

I believe a lot of this is meant in terms of presentation and optics. There his statement is absolutely true. If they kick the blandness to the curb and aren't worried about offending these largely mythical traditional fans who can't handle anything with more attitude, good.

The NASCAR of the last 15 years couldn't possibly be any more different from the spirit of the moonshiners and rebels who started it. Monster knows how to promote live events too, Sprint didn't have a care or a clue.

Last edited:
Yeah, telling older folks that "you need to adapt!" Isnt the best message lol. Already starting on NASCAR's niche market's bad side.
Meh, old people complain about everything as it is. Plus, he's right. Trends trickle up.

NASCAR has been slowly dying for years...and this is as good a surgeon as they could have possibly asked for.

This article may shed a light on the real reason Monster was selected.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/pre...on-previously-announced-strategic-partnership

And yes the Monster Girls are a nice addition.
Personally I do not drink energy drinks, but, that is just me and to each his own.

As long as 40 of the best Drivers and Hotrods in the world show up each week of the season, I do not care who is the sponsor.

It will be kind of like the Exfinity series, I still call it the Bush series 99.5% of the time and will continue to call it CUP no matter what they come up with.

What happened to the other thread?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom