J-Jo Cobb

I'm no fan of hers but I don't like seeing drivers miss opportunities due to paperwork. Still, rules is rules and she hadn't been in an X car in three years.

Is Davison ready for plate races yet? I think Rick Ware smelled a check for his open seat and did some sales pitching.

If Cobb didnt want to race so bad she could cause a LOT of uncomfortable days for NASCAR to say the least.

Considering her performance at Richmond this is not surprising.
I always defended Cobb and Norm but now these two are producing dangerous situations during almost every race.
Is Davison ready for plate races yet? I think Rick Ware smelled a check for his open seat and did some sales pitching.
Davison is by far not RWR's worst driver.

Davison is by far not RWR's worst driver.
Agreed, and that's not what I meant by 'ready'. I apologize for the poor wording.

I meant, has NASCAR approved him to run on a plate track yet? I can only assume they haven't, or he'd be in the car this weekend. He's showing improvement and with his announcement to skip Indy, it's clear he's committed.

Agreed, and that's not what I meant by 'ready'. I apologize for the poor wording.

I meant, has NASCAR approved him to run on a plate track yet? I can only assume they haven't, or he'd be in the car this weekend. He's showing improvement and with his announcement to skip Indy, it's clear he's committed.
Davison competed at Daytona 2 and Talladega 2 last year.
I think he wasn't planning to run full-time this year.

JJ Cobb is more than capable, she's shown it in the truck series that's she's good on plate tracks. A few years ago at Talladega she was leading, but had damage that kept her from getting the top 10.

Or they can be smart and bring in JJ Yeley, now that the decision has been made.

I haven't seen any response from her on this yet. Seems odd unless they are still working on something.

JJ Cobb is more than capable, she's shown it in the truck series that's she's good on plate tracks. A few years ago at Talladega she was leading, but had damage that kept her from getting the top 10.

Or they can be smart and bring in JJ Yeley, now that the decision has been made.
huh?

Among the reasons cited by NASCAR for not granting Cobb approval for her Cup debut is the fact she has only 11 lead-lap finishes in her 217 Truck starts.

huh?

Among the reasons cited by NASCAR for not granting Cobb approval for her Cup debut is the fact she has only 11 lead-lap finishes in her 217 Truck starts.

To be fair, they didn’t say led a lot of laps... some of the 11 could be that Dega race.

On a historical side note, JD McDuffie started 653 cup races with 106 top 10 finishes never finishing a race on the lead lap.... RIP

Last edited:
On a historical side note, JD McDuffie started 653 cup races with 106 top 10 finishes never finishing a race on the lead lap.... RIP

Yes but under 10 cars typically finished on the lead lap during JD's time, save for the final few seasons of his career.

And RIP is right. He's gaining a lot of traction among the NASCAR community it seems as one of the best to never win it and someone who truly loved the sport.

Yes but under 10 cars typically finished on the lead lap during JD's time, save for the final few seasons of his career.

And RIP is right. He's gaining a lot of traction among the NASCAR community it seems as one of the best to never win it and someone who truly loved the sport.
JD was a star in the Sport despite his record. He was as old school as they came and ran a lot of hand me down stuff just to get to the track because he was a racer and he loved it.

That's pathetic, I don't care what kind of junk you're driving. No, she doesn't belong at Talladega.
When you figure in the number of cautions the trucks have and the lucky dogs that are given out because of those. It's pretty bad.

That's pathetic, I don't care what kind of junk you're driving. No, she doesn't belong at Talladega.
When you figure in the number of cautions the trucks have and the lucky dogs that are given out because of those. It's pretty bad.

When you only have enough money to barely get a truck ready and to the next race, don't have money for more than one or two sets of tires, don't have a real pit crew, run trucks that are sometimes 15 years old, I doubt anyone could finish on the lead lap. I have seen Jenifer stay in a $10,000 trailer at the track with a group of other people just to make ends meet. Its one thing to be a start and park team and another to at least be out there competing to the best of their ability.
If the leaders are driving 145 mph and she is driving her equipment at 125 mph she can be working just as hard. I know she is getting up there in age and realistically doesn't have the talent of many other drivers, but she is living her dream and I can't find fault with that and admire what she is able to do.
...I also think people would be surprised and just how many fans she has. Not necessarily because of her driving on the track but because of the person that she is.

Back
Top Bottom