Jamie Mac

Good for Ganassi. Jamie is a great guy. I wish he had better luck on the track, but... not to be.

Ganassi says he's offered him a contract to drive next years 500 then move on to a position in management.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/...’s-no-1-cup-car-open-for-next-year/ar-BBN954q

I definitely respect Chip for this. Jaime has had some horrible luck this year, but its time for some new blood. I wonder if Jaime is ready to hang them up though? Still, Chip's love for the drivers he's involved with is always something to behold.

I'd like to see Jaime in the Ford GT in sports cars again. He was always really, really quick in them. I guess the Kurt Busch rumors are starting to gain traction.

My 7 year old Son will be heartbroken. Jamie has been his driver since we introduced him to racing at 2 years old. He has always liked that we have had drivers who were teammates. I'm almost positive he will just become a Larson fan, but I always enjoyed him having his own personal interest in his guy. The good news is that Larson is a CA guy like us and he comes home for us to see often. In fact, good chance we will see him Wednesday in the Outlaw in Placerville. Just tough to have to confirm what I already was explaining to him was a possibility. Luckily he is a kid and he will bounce back. I think he is ready to start watching his driver win races as well.

My 7 year old Son will be heartbroken. Jamie has been his driver since we introduced him to racing at 2 years old. He has always liked that we have had drivers who were teammates. I'm almost positive he will just become a Larson fan, but I always enjoyed him having his own personal interest in his guy. The good news is that Larson is a CA guy like us and he comes home for us to see often. In fact, good chance we will see him Wednesday in the Outlaw in Placerville. Just tough to have to confirm what I already was explaining to him was a possibility. Luckily he is a kid and he will bounce back. I think he is ready to start watching his driver win races as well.
It's always nice to see your drivers win, I started following Bill Elliott as a 4 year old in 1995...and didn't get to see him win until 2001.

Some of my best childhood memories are watching Jeff Gordon win races and Championships in the 90’s. There’s nothing like being a kid and watching your hero win, I lived it so many times.....just pure joy.

Great to know, your son is the future and a fan.
A tough transition, racing emulates life or vice versa, and as you say he will bounce back.

Saw Jamie at PIR once, a reporter asked him what he would like to be doing that day, he said "sitting around the house" .......... Jamie shouldn't be racing any more

Back
Top Bottom