Japan probes mystery boats carrying decomposing bodies drifting off its coast

Do you want to get haunted because thats how you start getting haunted.

An investigation is necessary but if they find out that it is anymore than North Koreans attempting to defect I would be surprised. Maybe Stephen King could move the scene off the coast of Maine and scare the crap out of people.

According to the article.

"The recent spate of arrivals has drawn attention, though such discoveries are not out of the ordinary: Dozens of such wrecked boats drift toward Japan every year".

"Such drifting arrivals have occurred for centuries, according to historical accounts".

According to the article:

"The recent spate of arrivals has drawn attention, though such discoveries are not out of the ordinary: Dozens of such wrecked boats drift toward Japan every year."

"So far this year, 34 mystery boats have drifted over, including the 11 found between late October and November. Last year, Japan found 65 of them. In 2013, there were 80, according to the coast guard."

"The number tends to rise during the fall and winter season because of prevailing winds from the northwest, Hiroto said."

I doubt anyone would care to expend the time and resources to try and figure out why some Junkets went rogue centuries ago but it seems self evident the reason they are happening today is due to northwest winds. Poor people go out in crappy crafts to either fish or escape, something disables the craft and they drift toward Japan. Doesn't seem like rocket science.

Wonder how many Cubans are still out there?

I knew that the second I read the article. I just think that it's interesting and thought someone else might think so too.

I do find it interesting and also intriguing and am glad you posted the link. I would be interested to know what they do with the boats and human remains too as I think sinking the entire craft make sense. Also if these are the numbers that make it through how many sink shortly into their drift?

Back
Top Bottom