jayski

If you hover your cursor over the first 'jayski.com' link, you'll see that it's actually 'www.jayski.com'. The second link is just 'jayski.com', no 'www..

So www.jayski.com doesn't work, jayski.com does. (And no matter how I try, I can't disable the hyperlinks in the incorrect addresses, so don't click them.)

Your friendly neighborhood network admin.

I’m surprised Jayski still exists as I don’t think they provide any breaking news or any must have info

They don't tweet much about attendance, TV ratings or demographical information. But they are tied to ESPN sports which has a lot of racing information for racing fans that are interested in that sort of thing.

They don't tweet much about attendance, TV ratings or demographical information. But they are tied to ESPN sports which has a lot of racing information for racing fans that are interested in that sort of thing.

As far as I know Nascar doesn’t publish attendance figures anymore as it would be an embarrassment to have them made public. I assume that is why Jayski does not have info about attendance.

It could be the same thing for TV ratings and demographic information as these are things Nascar would rather not address publicly.

Unless something has changed the last time I checked Jayski they just offered links to others stories and info published on other sites first. It is the 90’s anymore.

If you hover your cursor over the first 'jayski.com' link, you'll see that it's actually 'www.jayski.com'. The second link is just 'jayski.com', no 'www..

So www.jayski.com doesn't work, jayski.com does. (And no matter how I try, I can't disable the hyperlinks in the incorrect addresses, so don't click them.)

Your friendly neighborhood network admin.

Simple question about Jayski gets the deathbed..on every thread it seems. BTW like I posted before without the drama, Jayski an affiliate of ESPN has been very active as of late. Hmm might be because of the change in Nascar's leadership? A recent example I haven't seen before

Simple question about Jayski gets the deathbed..on every thread it seems. BTW like I posted before without the drama, Jayski an affiliate of ESPN has been very active as of late. Hmm might be because of the change in Nascar's leadership? A recent example I haven't seen before

To soon for a guy who never was good enough to win a championship and who's only claim to fame is he is the son of.

Can anyone tell me what information Jayski provides that is not available elsewhere first?

What specific value does Jayski offer you?

Can anyone tell me what information Jayski provides that is not available elsewhere first?

What specific value does Jayski offer you?
jayski's only ever been a one stop shop for links to information or stories provided by others. It was a form of twitter before there was a twitter. It was extremely useful in its day but like a lot of things those days are long gone.

Like I have said? Most tweets from Jayski there is an accompanying article written by ESPN. Example below. If you are having some sort of problem with that. Move on will ya?

jayski's only ever been a one stop shop for links to information or stories provided by others. It was a form of twitter before there was a twitter. It was extremely useful in its day but like a lot of things those days are long gone.

What you say makes sense.

Like I have said? Most tweets from Jayski there is an accompanying article written by ESPN. Example below. If you are having some sort of problem with that. Move on will ya?

So Jayski reposts tweets and then posts links to articles on ESPN. Like I said there is nothing there you can’t get elsewhere first.

If you like Jayski and it works well for you I think that is wonderful. However it is what it is to many others and that is an outdated platform that is no longer relevant.

Beat the dead horse after all it has only been the way it is for years now and the value if one cares to look is that many tweets are linked to an ESPN article for more information.

Beat the dead horse after all it has only been the way it is for years now and the value if one cares to look is that many tweets are linked to an ESPN article for more information.

Like I said if reposted tweets with links to ESPN stories float your boat that is wonderful. For most others it is a non starter and a site they no longer visit. There is no controversy here as you are exercising your choice to use the site and many others are not.

So Jayski reposts tweets and then posts links to articles on ESPN. Like I said there is nothing there you can’t get elsewhere first.

If you like Jayski and it works well for you I think that is wonderful. However it is what it is to many others and that is an outdated platform that is no longer relevant.
Last time I checked, he posted links to other sites, not just ESPN. As DPK said, Jay was once the be-all and end-all of up-to-the-minute NASCAR news, aggregated personally from a solid base of industry insiders. Pre-Twitter, people fed info to him because there were few other ways to get the news out before the next issues of the print magazines.

Last time I checked, he posted links to other sites, not just ESPN. As DPK said, Jay was once the be-all and end-all of up-to-the-minute NASCAR news, aggregated personally from a solid base of industry insiders. Pre-Twitter, people fed info to him because there were few other ways to get the news out before the next issues of the print magazines.

Back in the 90’s the place was THE PLACE as far as I was concerned. Someone was feeding the site very good info as a lot of the stuff was spot on.

I’m glad that people like @StandOnIt find the site useful but I think for most of us the experation date passed long ago.

I've been saying what it is. If you have a problem with it and morn the passing that's fine. :p move on, times change

Not an unusual arc:

- Information need exists
- Amateur site fills information need
- Site gets traffic because the need is real and people demand the information
- Site becomes valuable
- Site gets bought by large commercial enterprise
- Large commercial enterprise suffers financial strain
- Sits gets shutdown
- Information need exists . . .

sign of the changing times, ESPN has been laying of people like crazy, glad Pockrass landed in a good position on the racing side of it. I wonder if their twitter will disappear also. I know I am not going to wade thru all of the ESPN stick n ball tweets to find any racing info, I doubt anyone else would either.

sign of the changing times, ESPN has been laying of people like crazy, glad Pockrass landed in a good position on the racing side of it. I wonder if their twitter will disappear also. I know I am not going to wade thru all of the ESPN stick n ball tweets to find any racing info, I doubt anyone else would either.
Nascar media, teams and driver's all have columns in my Tweet Deck app. Between those three, all of the breaking Nascar news is available.

I hate to read jayski is no more for sentimental reasons alone. I've not had the need to get information from there in some time.

Nascar media, teams and driver's all have columns in my Tweet Deck app. Between those three, all of the breaking Nascar news is available.

I hate to read jayski is no more for sentimental reasons alone. I've not had the need to get information from there in some time.

IDK a tweet deck from the upper deck at ball park but I figured there had to be a better way to access info than accessing reposted tweets.

Twitter's dying though, being replaced by Instagram which is NOT information based.

The only things keeping Twitter alive are tweets from President Trump and Representative Ocasio-Cortez.

IDK a tweet deck from the upper deck at ball park but I figured there had to be a better way to access info than accessing reposted tweets.
It's a source for news from the source of the news. I'm not sure if people use it to its fullest potential. Heck, I'm not sure that I do. I have columns created that are of interest to me. Mainly sports. Nascar, Track and Field, NFL, NHL and various news feeds. Been using it for years letting the news come to me rather than searching for info.

Twitter's dying though, being replaced by Instagram which is NOT information based.

The only things keeping Twitter alive are tweets from President Trump and Representative Ocasio-Cortez.
That's certainly for a different section of the forums.

There's a lot more to Twitter than I'm guessing you're aware of.

I am going to miss Jayski, I used it for a lot of things outside of the "news" part, there is a lot of good info there, like its already been mentioned, it was all contained in one easy to use spot.

Jayski posted this on Reddit

No hard feelings towards ESPN. Business is business. It's that way in NASCAR now and it always has been. They gave us a great platform for over 10 years.

The change in Jayski is as much caused by the change in social media. Anyone can break news now with their own account. If someone knows something, why pass it on to someone else when you can release it yourself?

We will see where things go from here...

I am going to miss Jayski, I used it for a lot of things outside of the "news" part, there is a lot of good info there, like its already been mentioned, it was all contained in one easy to use spot.

Jayski posted this on Reddit

No hard feelings towards ESPN. Business is business. It's that way in NASCAR now and it always has been. They gave us a great platform for over 10 years.

The change in Jayski is as much caused by the change in social media. Anyone can break news now with their own account. If someone knows something, why pass it on to someone else when you can release it yourself?

We will see where things go from here...

Eh they wrote more in depth articles with their tweets also. Something that many missed reading apparently. It is the same for a few, I bet Pockrass will continue to expand on many of his tweets with follow up in depth articles like he did at ESPN

Back
Top Bottom