Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr.?

Junior hands down. Just fabulous.

Gotta go with Jr, less HMS bias with him vs Gordon that I can hear.

Tough one, but I am going for Jeff Gordon. He adds some much needed practicality to the FOX Sports booth.

Gordon, and it's not even close. He did more for the sport. He was a better driver, a great driver by any criteria, and the best in Nascar for a decade. And he's a good broadcast analyst.

Dale Jr. might prove to be better as an analyst... he is extraordinarily humble, candid, and is more intellectually honest than Gordon. And a good driver, unquestionably great in plate races and 16 wins without the plates. He is a strong and positive figure in the sport, but Gordon is in another league from Dale.

Just speaking as far as commentators Junior I've never been a junior fan but I really like him as a person and he just seems to connect better with the audience when he speaks and he's extremely informative

As much as I love all things Gordon, there's just always been something that captivates me when listening to JR speak. He's just so real and unpolished and that resonates with more people imo. Larry Mac is a other one that when he speaks I just shut up and listen. That is no slight at Gordon though, he's very good too.

What's with the "GO" as the start in a lot of your threads? Is it a race to make posts and you're the starter or you think that we need prodding to post in it? Inquiring posters want to know. :cool::cool::cool:

What's with the "GO" as the start in a lot of your threads? Is it a race to make posts and you're the starter or you think that we need prodding to post in it? Inquiring posters want to know. :cool::cool::cool:
Better than, 'Boogity, boogity, boogity let's go posting boys and girls!'

I'm going to sit on this question for a while. I want to see if Dale Jr's enthusiasm holds up under the weekly pressure.
Yes, I know he endured the pressure of racing, but this is a different sort of pressure.

I wasn't in favor of either one being in the booth (especially Gordon) and I haven't seen anything that makes me think, "Boy I was wrong about THAT".

I will take Junior for now. Gordon is pretty good but his side kick is way past retirement time.
I can see NBC cooling the hype crap, it won't mesh with Juniors persona. Send the memo to Burton and Letarte.

Jeff Gordon is why I became a NASCAR fan but I think Dale Jr is more compelling in terms of personality and insight.

Whats the question?
Who do you prefer as an analyst
Huh? With Dale's career as an analyst spanning all of two races? And both of them far better known for other things besides broadcasting work? If that is the intent of the thread, then I'll have to register my agreement with @Johali that the original post is pretty lame.

I would The premis of Rev’s post refers to bothin the booth. Can’t answer this after two races.....I will say that JG has markedly improved from year 1 to now. He relates his recent experience in car to the broadcast much better than 1st year in booth. I would also like to say that Jr has absolutely killed it the last two races and would be even better if Letarte was subbed in for Burton. I’ve listened to Jr’s weekly podcasts since he was still driving and always thought the way he talks in a way that relates to fans as well as his sense of humor would translate well to TV. Thus far zero disappointment so far, hope he becomes this generation’s Benny Parsons

Harvick will be a better commentator than both....And I am not a Harvick fan.

Dale Jr. to me he seems to relate to the common person a lot more than Gordon ever has.
Why does this even matter? This is the only sport where fans talk about relate . They are damn millionaires!!!!! That’s why they do it smh.. not to relate to you

As much as I love all things Gordon, there's just always been something that captivates me when listening to JR speak. He's just so real and unpolished and that resonates with more people imo. Larry Mac is a other one that when he speaks I just shut up and listen. That is no slight at Gordon though, he's very good too.
Love Larry Mac I can listen to him for days

Honestly, kind of my way to let inquiring posters know that I am interested in what they think before I express what I think.

Back
Top Bottom