Jeff Gordon ties DNF record

N

Nascar24rainbow

Jeff Gordon has now finished 53 races without a DNF. This ties the record with the late Dale Earnhardt.

And people are already to start calling him a "has been" for not winning in, what, now 30 starts? Give credit where credit is due.......he's not washed up and he still may win his fifth Championship this year. At any rate, he will get a fifth and most likely many more WC Titles before he even comes close to being washed up.:)

i dont think hes washed up, but as for a title this year, i think thats out of the question. now is when the contenders really kick up the dust. the only dust he kicked up today is when he slipped off the course:eek:

Are folks really saying Jeff is washed up?? Not a serious question just an expression of amazement.

Is Jeff and the team showing the stuff that wins championships right now, not hardly. Kinda gotta agree with Judas on that one, just doesn't seem to be happening for 'em this year.

I wonder if Jeff broke something in the suspension or tweaked it big time at least when he jumped that curb. The car never seemed competitive after that. The last pit stop they changed everything but the steering wheel, so something was way off.

That team just isnt the same anymore. I still think that it had something to do with Ray Evernham. Yes they did win the Chamopionship without him last year, but That may have just been an "overlap" of last season. Now that they are totally on their own they just arent the same. But hey every team no matter how good you are has an off year.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Are folks really saying Jeff is washed up?? Not a serious question just an expression of amazement.

Is Jeff and the team showing the stuff that wins championships right now, not hardly. Kinda gotta agree with Judas on that one, just doesn't seem to be happening for 'em this year.

I wonder if Jeff broke something in the suspension or tweaked it big time at least when he jumped that curb. The car never seemed competitive after that. The last pit stop they changed everything but the steering wheel, so something was way off.

I'm far from saying Jeffie is washed up...........some are implying such but I know better. That man will get at least 7 WC Titles before it is all said and done. He's way too good to let one off year slow his butt down!!:)

He is 30 years old. This year doesn't look real good for his fifth Cup. But, that's ok. I didn't really want to replace all of my 4x champ apparel yet anyway :D ...Just kidding, I would gladly by all the 5x champ stuff that applies when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom