JGR press conference

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
Apparently Gibbs has a press conference scheduled for Matt Kenseth on the 19th. Anyone with info on this? I'm thinking sponsor announcement or more likely possible retirement????

I've been looking for a leak on this and can't find anything.

Kenseth is going to get full sponsorship from Tide and simultaneously retire....

When tide announced there was no press conference, when Peak announced there was no press conference......Erik Jones is only supposed to be at FRR for one year. It's retirement ladies and gents

Love to see him retire however I now think Jones to the 19 and MK gets a new sponsor.

When tide announced there was no press conference, when Peak announced there was no press conference......Erik Jones is only supposed to be at FRR for one year. It's retirement ladies and gents
This might be right, but maybe not. Tide and Peak are small sponsors, 3 races and 2 races according to Jayski. When DeWalt announced for 15 races, there *was* a presser IIRC. Maybe Gibbs is announcing another major backer *and* a contract extension with Kenseth. 50/50 odds IMO.

It would make the Ricky Rudd fans happy if both of these happened.

Kenseth needs to change his number if he gets Tide sponsorship as Ricky Craven was the last to have it and his number was 32. That number was derived from the 17 when DW drove the car plus the 5 when Ricky Rudd drove for HMS and the 10 when Rudd drove for himself. Add up those numbers and you get 32 so I am think Matt will need to drive the 64 car but my math sucks so I am not 100% sure.

RETIRE!!!! Tell Me NO NO NO NO No NO !:dual9mm::bigfight::boxing::youliketh:windows: (JMHO)
Dude, you must have expected it sometime.

I'm on record here as saying I think he'll sign for another three years, then call it quits. But if this turns out to be a retirement announcement, I won't be very surprised. It will give me plenty of time to line up a new favorite driver.

Dude, you must have expected it sometime.

I'm on record here as saying I think he'll sign for another three years, then call it quits. But if this turns out to be a retirement announcement, I won't be very surprised. It will give me plenty of time to line up a new favorite driver.

Yeah, I know, but not yet and not in the middle of the season. I hope it is just a Sponsor announcement.

I hope it's retirement. I've yet to see a worse display of sportsmanship since or before that intentional wreck of Logano at Martinsville in 2015.

But it all really has been downhill since Kenseth had his 7 wins in 2013 and lost the Championship to Knaus...I mean Johnson. I think that took a major toll on him. But whatever. :idunno: :D

But it all really has been downhill since Kenseth had his 7 wins in 2013 and lost the Championship to Knaus...I mean Johnson. I think that took a major toll on him. But whatever. :idunno: :D
I don't know, a couple of wins and a 5th place points finish last year, 5 wins the year before that. Not off to a great start this year, but I think he's still a competitive driver.

I don't know, a couple of wins and a 5th place points finish last year, 5 wins the year before that. Not off to a great start this year, but I think he's still a competitive driver.
I agree. I'm still pissed tho about 2015. :mad::p:D

You are all wrong. Herschel McGriff is the new driver of the 20 and this is what the presser is for. Well, this and to announce his subsequent enshrinement into the HOF.

Kenseth has been driving into walls this year. It appears that he still has his health, a championship, and a bunch of money for his family's security.

If he's moving to a different team or just moving on -- good luck to him!

Back
Top Bottom