JGR Stable

jaqua19

Team Owner
Seeing Ty Gibbs show out is making me question who will end up at JGR once Hamlin and Truex move on?

Kraus won a championship in the K&N West series, Gibbs inevitably will be driving for JGR.

What does the JGR lineup look like 7 years from now in your opinion.

I'm guessing something along the lines of

Kyle Busch
Ty Gibbs
Derek Kraus
Chris Bell.

Jones and Bell are already in cup and Bell likely will end up driving for JGR. What other developmental drivers are making noise for a ride?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hamlin's a lifer. If he wants to race for 10 more years, he's locked in.

Kyle Busch isn't on any hot seat either but maybe he should be.

I imagine Denny and Truex will be retired, or close to it in 7 years.

Hard to imagine 7 years out....

I could see hamlin finishing his career in the Fed Ex #11... I imagine him going another 3 or 4 seasons and then being done.

For some weird reason, I see Kyle Busch being in the 18 car as long as he wants... BUT he strikes me as a guy that would do something oddly different towards the end... His legacy will be mostly what he ends up accomplishing in the 18 of course... I could Just see him driving a season or two for a different car/team. I know it doesn’t make sense, just a weird visual about him doing something different at the end of his cup career.

It clearly seems Bell is tapped to get into the 20 sooner or later...I like both Erik and Chris either way... if indeed the cards fall that way, I hope he steps into the 20 and takes off like a rocket ship!!!:cool:

Truex Jr I could see retiring within the next 4 or 5 years. I guess he’d stay at gibbs as long as Jonny Morris wants him in that car and is Sponsoring majority of the season.... BUT I could also see pressure existing in the next few years to put one of JGRs up and comers into another Cup car. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Martin is almost pressured out to make room... and that’s even IF Martin is still a top runner... feel like we’ve seen something Before similar to that effect after all...

I don't think it much matters who JGR wants in the cars it's a matter of who TRD wants.

In 7 years the only guy I still see there is Kyle. I think Jones's days are numbered unless he puts up some big numbers soon.

TRD has a ton of money wrapped up in Bell so I'd think he's probably at the mothership.

I guess I could see Gibbs just because of his name. The 4th car I could almost see Harrison Burton, they seem to be pushing him pretty hard right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7 years is a real long time out, especially in this sport where it seems now drivers, teams age in dog years. I can’t fathom what JGR will look like in 7 years...let alone what I’m having for lunch today.

I don't think it much matters who JGR wants in the cars it's a matter of who TRD wants.

They are one in the same. JGR isn't pressured to put anybody in the car. TRD provides a pipeline, and JGR taps into it.

Who will be in the cars? Hard to say....with the way Jack Irving and Tyler Gibbs find talent, could be a name we haven't even heard of yet....but with what we know.....I will go.....Kyle Busch, Christopher Bell, Erik Jones, and Harrison Burton. Jones is the big wild card here, but I think they give him time because TRD and JGR do not want a Joey retreat especially since EJ is a product of the Toyota Driver Development Program.

Hard to imagine 7 years out....

I could see hamlin finishing his career in the Fed Ex #11... I imagine him going another 3 or 4 seasons and then being done.

For some weird reason, I see Kyle Busch being in the 18 car as long as he wants... BUT he strikes me as a guy that would do something oddly different towards the end... His legacy will be mostly what he ends up accomplishing in the 18 of course... I could Just see him driving a season or two for a different car/team. I know it doesn’t make sense, just a weird visual about him doing something different at the end of his cup career.

It clearly seems Bell is tapped to get into the 20 sooner or later...I like both Erik and Chris either way... if indeed the cards fall that way, I hope he steps into the 20 and takes off like a rocket ship!!!:cool:

Truex Jr I could see retiring within the next 4 or 5 years. I guess he’d stay at gibbs as long as Jonny Morris wants him in that car and is Sponsoring majority of the season.... BUT I could also see pressure existing in the next few years to put one of JGRs up and comers into another Cup car. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Martin is almost pressured out to make room... and that’s even IF Martin is still a top runner... feel like we’ve seen something Before similar to that effect after all...
I feel the same thing. Kyle has been in cup for 16 years. He's not a young gun and has had as long of a cup career as Tony Stewart. I've always wondered if Kyle will move KMB to cup and run his last few seasons as a driver owner.

Part of me has felt for a while that Kyle will retire around 42. I'd be surprised if he's still in cup/not talking about retirement by 2030 tbh.

I feel the same thing. Kyle has been in cup for 16 years. He's not a young gun and has had as long of a cup career as Tony Stewart. I've always wondered if Kyle will move KMB to cup and run his last few seasons as a driver owner.

Part of me has felt for a while that Kyle will retire around 42. I'd be surprised if he's still in cup/not talking about retirement by 2030 tbh.

i agree with all that. I was also thinking kyle might be a driver who steps away at an age where many guys still want to ‘go another three seasons’.

he got to Cup at such a young age obviously, therefore many fans think he’ll race for easily 20+ years in cup....

I don’t know about that...

Kyle Busch
Christopher Bell
Ty Gibbs
4th spot who knows

Erik will probably leave for another team after this year (keeping him with Chris Gayle for 3 years with his horrible pit calls is unreal) and they clearly are ready to replace him with bell instead of giving him a new crew chief like they did with Hamlin. Logano 2.0

Bell will be in the 20 next year and even if Ty Gibbs had no talent (he does), he's Joe Gibbs's grandson. 100% lock he will be in a Gibbs car down the road. 4th spot could be a veteran or a young guy like Chandler Smith

i agree with all that. I was also thinking kyle might be a driver who steps away at an age where many guys still want to ‘go another three seasons’.

he got to Cup at such a young age obviously, therefore many fans think he’ll race for easily 20+ years in cup....

I don’t know about that...
He'll get to 20. But people are assuming he'll run 25 seasons or race till he's 50.

No way

Kyle Busch
Christopher Bell
Ty Gibbs
4th spot who knows

Erik will probably leave for another team after this year (keeping him with Chris Gayle for 3 years with his horrible pit calls is unreal) and they clearly are ready to replace him with bell instead of giving him a new crew chief like they did with Hamlin. Logano 2.0

Bell will be in the 20 next year and even if Ty Gibbs had no talent (he does), he's Joe Gibbs's grandson. 100% lock he will be in a Gibbs car down the road. 4th spot could be a veteran or a young guy like Chandler Smith
Agreed on Gibbs. Bell, KB and Gibbs are locks imo.

Someone else suggested Harrison Burton.

If Denny won it all last year, Gibbs would have had 4 champions drive for him since 2017.

That's nuts.

Back
Top Bottom