Jim France 'We're coming off a very good year'

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
“We’re coming off of a very good year I felt like last year where we’re really getting some momentum back,” France said. “It’s exciting now going into this coming year.”

Much of the focus has been on the discussions around a possible revamping of the 2021 schedule.

“(NASCAR President) Steve Phelps is working diligently on that,” France said with a laugh. “There’ll be announcements coming in the not-too-distant future.”

About IMSA

France spoke with a small group of reporters after a major news conference at Daytona involving the IMSA Series that will create a bridge for the premier sports car classes at Daytona and Le Mans.

“The way I view it is if you ever catch the Ferrari vs. Ford movie where the cars went back and forth with Le Mans, that’s the era that we’re getting ready to enter into here is my optimistic hope,” said France, who is also the chairman of IMSA.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/0...n-the-future-were-getting-some-momentum-back/

I’m really excited about the 2020 NASCAR season, I don’t know about momentum and all that but my opinion is they have a real shot to capture an upswing especially with the new car and revamped schedule next year. It’s almost as if next year in 21 is a reboot of the series and if done right I think they could have an awesome decade, but they really have to hit a home run with that new car (looks and aero package wise) and the schedule (I’d say about 2 more short tracks and 2 new road courses with a rotating championship race each year)

How does "where/when" they race affect the popularity of the sport??
IMO the affordability is a much bigger question. Since many Canadians haven't been able to cross the border for many years, I would like to see
one CUP race run in southern Ontario. That's only a couple hours north of
a northern race in USA.

Back
Top Bottom