Jimmy Spencer sure busted RCR.

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
Played the tapes of Menards spotter giving him constant updates of where Gordon and Kevin where, even though Paul was 80 laps down. "Kevin's leading. We don't need a yellow".

Menards actually asks them to keep him posted. "Kevins leading, we're good".

Then they tell him Gordons leading.

Then Mike Dillon comes on and gets on the private channel.

Next thing you know, Paul says he has a right rear going down. His CC tells him to stay out, then he spins all by himself. He comes to pit road with no flat.

I can't stand Spencer. A guy who never accomplished anything acting like he knows it all.

He sure accomplished more on the track than I did.

He's funny. I usually don't take him seriously, but he sure nailed RCR. I would be surprised if NASCAR didn't look into it.

Played the tapes of Menards spotter giving him constant updates of where Gordon and Kevin where, even though Paul was 80 laps down. "Kevin's leading. We don't need a yellow".

Menards actually asks them to keep him posted. "Kevins leading, we're good".

Then they tell him Gordons leading.

Then Mike Dillon comes on and gets on the private channel.

Next thing you know, Paul says he has a right rear going down. His CC tells him to stay out, then he spins all by himself. He comes to pit road with no flat.

Mabey he just forgot to soak the tires:D

Did ESPN ever actually show a replay of Menard spinning out and all? I just don't remember it....

Did ESPN ever actually show a replay of Menard spinning out and all? I just don't remember it....

There doesn't seem to be video of the start of the spin, but he seems to simply drive into the grass and then kinda spin. Even the way he says I think I have a tire going down is unconvincing.

Something else odd. In the middle of all this, they ask him to check his volts, and he seems confused as to why. I'll see if I can find the episode on Speed tomorrow and post a link.

It's VERY clear to me that Menard was told to spin for a yellow.

It's VERY clear to me that Menard was told to spin for a yellow.

Why? How did they know Kevin would be able to beat Gordon if they got a yellow? They even had a pit stop after Menard spun so they didn't even know they would be on the front row on the restart.

Wouldn't be the first nor the last. Remember Talladega 2004 when Gordon got the lead and the caution came out ending the race? Who's single car spin caused that caution? Team car of Brian Vickers who was running near the back and just spun out.

Why? How did they know Kevin would be able to beat Gordon if they got a yellow? They even had a pit stop after Menard spun so they didn't even know they would be on the front row on the restart.

Harvick had the best car on short runs all night...he had a lot better shot of re starting anywhere in the top 5 and winning than he did of catching Gordon under green at that point.

Harvick had the best car on short runs all night...he had a lot better shot of re starting anywhere in the top 5 and winning than he did of catching Gordon under green at that point.

Well said. I know I pointed this out before, but Harvick sure didn't fight Gordon hard for that spot. Knowing what he knew, why would he?

Wouldn't be the first nor the last. Remember Talladega 2004 when Gordon got the lead and the caution came out ending the race? Who's single car spin caused that caution? Team car of Brian Vickers who was running near the back and just spun out.

Gibbs sure gets a lot of timely breaks from teammates. I'm thinking that Penske should use an even sneakier technique. When Brad needs a yellow, Kurt can spin out one of the pretty boys.......oh, or Mark Martin too.

Gibbs sure gets a lot of timely breaks from teammates. I'm thinking that Penske should use an even sneakier technique. When Brad needs a yellow, Kurt can spin out one of the pretty boys.......oh, or Mark Martin too.

Well, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Gordon's statements. Talladega 2004, it's not like someone spun with 20 to go, there were pit stops and it just put Gordon in the game. Vickers' spin inside 3 to go brought out a race ending checkered flag and single-handedly gave Gordon the win.

Yes, "timely cautions" involving teammates seem to happen a lot for the Gibbs drivers.

Wasn't Spencer busted during a race for throwing a piece of foam or something on the track? One of the network's cameras caught him.....

Wasn't Spencer busted during a race for throwing a piece of foam or something on the track? One of the network's cameras caught him.....

It wasn't foam, it was half a ham sandwich. It broke Spencers heart to let it go, but he needed a yellow.

That was Robbie Gordon. I think Spencer lost a glove. :D

Thought that was Robbie Gordon......maybe Spencer did it too...LOL!!

As an RCR supporter I hate multicar teams for this reason. Racing is a ruthless business and people do what they think is needed.

Gordon and company has just cause to be offended. That being said it doesn't bother me as bad when multicar teams screw each other, not just but another day in the city.
Being philosophical is also easier with preferred outcomes.

I would be more bothered if it was single car team that was fighting two team cars, or to be most honest more of a Gordon fan than a Harvick fan.
In that case I would be P.O. With the tables turrned.

Yes, "timely cautions" involving teammates seem to happen a lot for the Gibbs drivers.

One race that comes to mind a couple years ago was Hamlins flat tire that he decided to drive past the entrance to pit road, and stop on the track at Richmond.
Jr had that race won by 20 car lengths, until Denny did that...
MoMike

One race that comes to mind a couple years ago was Hamlins flat tire that he decided to drive past the entrance to pit road, and stop on the track at Richmond.
Jr had that race won by 20 car lengths, until Denny did that...
MoMike

I knew SOMEONE would bring it up.

Junyer Nation's motto:

RICHMOND 2008: NEVER FORGET

:D

Well if we wanna talk about Hendrick and Talladega...I seem to remember Dega 2006 kinda proved that Vickers wasn't exactly a team player. I also don't seem to remember there being radio communication in 2004 between Vickers and his crew chief about when a caution is "needed". Another point was Vickers was mid pack which makes spinning out just to cause a caution a HECK of a lot more dangerous..and Gordon was ahead by VERY little and had been back and fouth with Dale Jr. for the last several laps...as a matter of fact the tv coverage had to show several replays to figure out who won.....so if dega 2004 is just like this...then MAN that took PERFECT timing by spotters...gordon..vickers and crew chiefs to make it happen....

Here we go, another good conspiracy in NASCAR. And poor Jeffy. I like the boy, but that just wasn't his day. But how many times have we seen Jeff or Jimmy allowing the other to pass for the lead just for the points? Alas, all the teams do this. They used to slow down to almost a stop to let their teammates pass them under the yellow to get back on the lead lap, but now the "lucky dog" won't allow that. And now, it isn't enough that teammates can talk to each other, they are allowed to talk to other teams as well. We could get another conspiracy theory on that one too.

I don't know, it is suspicious. But I've got to consider the source, Jimmy Spencer has had it out for Harvick all year long. If Harvick passes another driver on the track, Jimmy complains about him.

I don't know, it is suspicious. But I've got to consider the source, Jimmy Spencer has had it out for Harvick all year long. If Harvick passes another driver on the track, Jimmy complains about him.

Really? He's had it out for Kurt and Steve Wallace a whole lot more. Jimmy goes where the footage takes him.

I just saw the Jimmy Spencer bit about this.

NASCAR needs to call a "team" meeting and nip this puppy in the bud before I hear of it again.

This is just what the sport didn't need.

Im soooooooooooooooooooo disappointed in RCR right now.

I hate how a great topic gets ruined by guys that don't take the sport seriously Dude. WTF does Jimmy spencer have to do with Menard tanking a play on purpose?

The real issue here isn't what people are getting at.

It makes NASCAR look like a bunch of dumbasses to stupid to regulate their own sport.

Back
Top Bottom