Jimmy Spencer

S

sgbg88

Jimmy Spencer Fifth Annual Charity Golf Tournament

NASCAR driver Jimmy Spencer will hold his fifth annual charity golf tournament on Thursday, July 25. The charity event will be held at the prestigious Edgewood in the Pines Golf Course in Drums, Pennsylvania, which is located twenty minutes from the Pocono Raceway. The NASCAR Winston Cup Series visits Pocono that same week.

Spencer’s event will benefit Camp Victory, a camping facility for chronically ill children and the EOS Therapeutic Riding Center, where handicap children enjoy therapy by riding horses. Proceeds from the event also help support the D.A.R.E. program for kids, Children’s Library and other programs that benefit children in the community.

Spencer will tee-up the ball with other Winston Cup drivers along with television and radio celebrities from Fox, NBC and MRN radio. In last year’s event, drivers such as Mike Skinner, Rick Mast and Robert Pressley were in attendance. Spencer’s golf tournament has raised over $225,000.

“This charity event is one of the most important and gratifying things I do all year,” said Jimmy Spencer. “Winning a Winston Cup race or finishing in the top-5 is pretty special, but it does not compare with the feeling you get when you see those kids riding horses and knowing that this kind of therapy may help them walk someday, or the chronically ill kids enjoying a camping trip.”

“Every year that I’ve held this golf tournament, I go into it wanting more than the previous year. It’s like racing, you’re never satisfied unless you win. If we can generate a $100,000 this year, that would be a huge win for my kids, but we need corporate support and donations to make that happen.”

For information on golf sponsorship packages and donations, please call 570-759-1490 or email [email protected]

I got this from Jimmy's website. I love finding things like this. Those drivers that take the time to help out kids in need get a big thumbs up from me. I have been hard on Spencer (expect some more in the future) but I know deep and I mean way deep down he can be a good guy. :) Of course De Wrangler 2 already knew this being the club president and all! hehehe

I knew you were a closet Spencer fan!!:D

Seriously, though........almost all drivers (probably ALL drivers) are nothing but good people!! The type of people who are attracted to be a racer (any racer, but especially a stock car racer) are fine people.......good at heart and very generous!! If it ever happens that a breed of drivers that are less than that ever comes to be the dominate type in NASCAR will be the day I drop the sport with a vengence!!

Thank you sgbg for posting that!!:D

Good for Spencer! Not a huge fan of his on the track, but good to see that he has a great heart off it. Drivers have really come through when it comes to fans and charity, it makes it all the better to be a fan!

Thumbs up to Mr. Excitement!!

Much of the work the drivers do for many worhty causes is done quietly. It is always good to read and hear of it.

Thanks for the post sgbg.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Thumbs up to Mr. Excitement!!

Much of the work the drivers do for many worhty causes is done quietly. It is always good to read and hear of it.  

Thanks for the post sgbg.

Now my respect just went up a few notches for Mr Doughnut (SORRY):(

And HS, you are so right, but I think if their charities were made more public (like Kyle's Ride) or got more publicity it would help so many more of those in need.

I read about a charity FIGHTING over Jeff Gordon with "make a wish" which Jeff supports. how stupid and that kind of stuff just demeans the charity.

Go Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I believe jimmy is a great guy. after all he comes from a great state

I have never had a thing against Spencer. When I met him last fall at Bristol, he was a riot. I also think he gets a bum rap as far as his dirty driving. I can think of several who are much worse than he is. Sure, he's fat, he's ugly, and he probably smells funny, but the man can flat operate a stock car. Maybe fatigue sets in during the summer lol. He adds the spice many Earnhardt fans praised Dale for adding. Funny how many of them, as well as others, complain when Jimmy does what Dale used to do. But that is another can of worms.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
I have never had a thing against Spencer.  When I met him last fall at Bristol, he was a riot.  I also think he gets a bum rap as far as his dirty driving.  I can think of several who are much worse than he is.  Sure, he's fat, he's ugly, and he probably smells funny, but the man can flat operate a stock car.  Maybe fatigue sets in during the summer lol.  He adds the spice many Earnhardt fans praised Dale for adding.  Funny how many of them, as well as others, complain when Jimmy does what Dale used to do.  But that is another can of worms.

Almost my sentiments exactly Ward.........and I'm a die hard Earnhardt fan too!!:D

Stop, Stop, Stop! All this mushy stuff is getting to me. I don't want to like him, please don't tell me all these things, I like not liking him!:p although I would have to agree with you all on the Big E fans, alright this is getting out of hand, I'm actually defending him now!:sketchy: Must stop doing this! Next thing you know I'll be applying for the Spencer Fan club. I bet they do serve the best food!:p He can drive a car and can make some good calls for pit stops. He will never be on my fav. list, but can say he's not totally on the bottom either.

I leave that to Todd Bodine! Let me guess DE Wrangler 2 you're Vice President of that Club, my you do get around! hehehe (I did mention I do not care for Todd "Total Them" Bodine?:p

Back
Top Bottom