Johali's Rate the Cup Championship race

RacerrecaR

*Screams in Jeff Burton*

I have no horse in the race and could care less about the championship. This isn't a "protest" vote but rather a..."this track and especially the racing package is mediocre" rating

AuzGrams

Team Owner

Weird energy, weird new track in Phoenix, needs to go back to a Chase or Winston Cup format.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart

I have no horse in the race and could care less about the championship. This isn't a "protest" vote but rather a..."this track and especially the racing package is mediocre" rating
Pretty much all this. Take the championship drama out and it’s a BORING race.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
Insane. Crazy racing throughout the pack, no one ever built more than a two second lead for first and the lead exchanged hands multiple times between different guys

Racing was great but the new Phoenix is just odd…… the camera angles act like the finish line never moved

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing with all my heart
Racing was great but the new Phoenix is just odd…… the camera angles act like the finish line never moved
They moved the stands and the front stretch for the dogleg. I can’t believe moving the front stretch affected a track this much but it did.

And even NBC kept saying “turn 1” as they entered new turn 3.

It’s bizarre. I don’t like this track.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
They moved the stands and the front stretch for the dogleg. I can’t believe moving the front stretch affected a track this much but it did.

it’s just weird to me. Much better in person. Then they renovate everything the garages for 20 minutes of practice and 10 minutes of qualifying.

Loved this track as the penultimate race until Martinsville turned into the playoff drama race.

RacerrecaR

*Screams in Jeff Burton*

It was great the first year it was renovated, but since then it has been nothing more than a "restart" track...common for this package at most tracks, though

Snappy D

2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
8.5 I was entertained

10-4

Team Owner
8 - that's a low rating from me I'm usually all in. I still hate that they can't let the championship race play out naturally and have to juice up those final 4 cars like they obviously do.

AuzGrams

Team Owner
Didn’t give much attention to Newman’s final start at all

Old Kid

Let's go Brandon!
Contributor
A much better race than I expected, better than I've seen at this track in a long time. Every championship player had their moments. It deserves a 10 on that alone.

rd45usa

Spiro Agnew deja vu.......If You Know You Know 😉
9... February can't get here quick enough.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada

I can't believe you guys don't like Phoenix. The drivers have options, there's actual off-throttle time here still, the desert scenery is awesome... we saw strong long run cars and strong short run cars, we saw position changes both on track and on pit road, we saw a nice green flag run to the finish instead of a GWC. And the most deserving driver of the season won the title.

What else do you people want?

Top Bottom