Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Bristol

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Thank goodness for the NBCSports app --- I'd have gone nuts with no race to watch like last night.

A real butt-kicking performance by Larson. And some piss-poor runs by others. 8

Reactions: sdj
7. Comers and goers all race. But one dominant car brings it down from a 10 to a 7.

If the 5 didn't exist there would have been multiple green flag passes for the lead tonight.

10. Ass kicking. I do not understand why some fans cannot appreciate what Larson just did in cars that are so close to equal. Whatever. WE lose 2 to ****** speed penalties...TRD cannot drive the ****** cars for the teams....Denny advances. I enjoyed it even though I hated it.

7. Comers and goers all race. But one dominant car brings it down from a 10 to a 7.

If the 5 didn't exist there would have been multiple green flag passes for the lead tonight.
I enjoyed what he did even though I hated it. A world class driver driving brilliantly is to be appreciated--not saying that you don't. I respect what just happened.

9.....Congrats to the Five team.
whoopass.gif

I enjoyed what he did even though I hated it. A world class driver driving brilliantly is to be appreciated--not saying that you don't. I respect what just happened.

I would have been more critical if this was a track position race.

But there was passing all race. The best cars came to the front, slower cars faded. Short run, long run, all of this mattered. 54 came to the front. 19 was fast but didn't have pace in traffic. The 11, 12, 9, 23, 20 and 14 all made forward progress every run.

One team just nailed the setup in traffic.

Steve Letarte called it in practice.

I thought the racing product was great. But maybe its because I spent the broadcast watching multiple onboards from the NASCAR app.

An organic race with few interruptions and a dominating performance by NASCAR’s best driver!!!! What’s not to like? Would you have preferred the obligatory stupidity followed by a half dozen overtimes?

8. Had strategy, cars up and through the field, and pit road mattered. Sometimes a team hits the set up and is rewarded. Not a good night for “Muh Entertainment!!” Crew

3. And that’s only because we were spared the bs overtime shenanigans. The Lord was merciful and let it end.

Maybe I need a clearer understanding of what I’m rating. This was clearly a 10 from the perspective of Kyle Larson. Probably an 7.5 with celebration if you are Suarez. But as a fan watching at home the broadcast was terrible. It was like watching paint dry. No real competition was occurring and no suspense. Seemed more like a driving demonstration than a race. Larson is amazing but no one was there pushing him or even looked in the same class. Which makes for meh viewing.

Rewatching it right now.

Nvm about the early stage passing.

The last 50 laps of stage 1, the broadcast flat out shows the 24, 14, 20 19 all racing each other. We see the 20 pass the 14 on boardcast too.

We see the 19 pass the 48. 20 pass the 14, 24, 19, and the 48 after they race for a bit with 50 to go. . We see Briscoe moving forward. We also see the 11 pass the 54. We see the 11 pass the 14. We see the 54 pass the 14 and then the three of them racing 3 wide as Hamlin passes the 14. We see the 9 make passes as well.

And this just to end stage 1.

This was all broadcast.

We saw this ALL race. The racing from p2 on back was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom