Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Charlotte Roval

5, I'm not as infatuated with this place as many are. Kind of embarrassing to watch imo. Still way better than dega or daytona!

It's no secret that I have never been a big fan of the short tracks or road courses, but my view had already changed earlier this year about the short tracks and it just changed today for the road courses. I was on the edge of my seat all day. There is no doubt in my mind that a new road course star has been born with Chase Elliott. I give this race a solid 10.

20201011_185211.jpg

I tried to peep in at the leaderboard through out the race. Tried getting updates and I'm just dumbfounded as to what went on today..what strategies played out, etc. I saw a top 10 of baxkmarkers on 3 different occasions. Elliot was p20 with like 30 to go. Brad was up front, then 18th, Blaney looked almost as good as the 9, then I didn't see him on the leaderboard.

Was this a race, or a chess game to the finish? I've never been so confused. I can usually follow a race if the TV isn't accessible but I just have no idea what happened lmao

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9. Never thought I’d see a Cup race in the rain. Today was awesome

I tried to peep in at the leaderboard through out the race. Tried getting updates and I'm just dumbfounded as to what went on today..what strategies played out, etc. I saw a top 10 of baxkmarkers on 3 different occasions. Elliot was p20 with like 30 to go. Brad was up front, then 18th, Blaney looked almost as good as the 9, then I didn't see him on the leaderboard.

Was this a race, or a chess game to the finish? I've never been so confused. I can usually follow a race if the TV isn't accessible but I just have no idea what happened lmao

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lots of varying pit strategies due to track conditions and timing of cautions

I was a little skeptical when they originally decided to run on the Roval but it's one of my three favorite places now.

9. Would have been a 10 if it rained for longer.

As a sport car racing fan, I accept racing in the rain for what it is, but watching cars tiptoe around trying just to survive more than race is not really my idea of a great time. The IMSA race last night was almost impossible to watch between the water spray and the headlight glare. Once the track started to dry, I'd give it a solid 7.5, held back mainly by the fact that nobody could really stay with Elliott and make it interesting.

As so many others have said, any race where you're in the grandstands is a 10. I had no problem finding a battle for position somewhere on the track at any time, often with at least 3 cars. If we ever return to normal seating, put this one on your list.

#9, #12, #18, and others showed you can't hardly count anyone out at this track. Unless it was the #14; I cannot dream of wrestling even my Hyundai around that place with no power steering.

Started out with about a 7 and slowly digressed to a 3 by the end of the event...became a sleeper.

As so many others have said, any race where you're in the grandstands is a 10. I had no problem finding a battle for position somewhere on the track at any time, often with at least 3 cars. If we ever return to normal seating, put this one on your list.

#9, #12, #18, and others showed you can't hardly count anyone out at this track. Unless it was the #14; I cannot dream of wrestling even my Hyundai around that place with no power steering.
The 20 Jones boy was another one. Car wouldn't start so they went to the back. He got tangled up with Keselowski's spin and lost alot of spots he had gained, finished 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom