Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Daytona

7. The first 197 were pretty solid. I’m not going to judge a whole race over typical end of plate Racing

3 for Dale. Crap race, crap package, crap finish with gimmick overtime. Yet another nobody winner in the grand scheme of things.

They couldn't make anything happen without a push and it was the usual wreckfest at the end.
I'm always looking forward to the start of the NASCAR season but the Southern 500 or even the Bristol Night Race have a higher sporting value than the Daytona 500 at this point.
I wouldn't consider it to be the Super Bowl of NASCAR.

8, they do need to make Daytona a bigger deal overall but I thought it was ok. Still a big deal to a lot of people to win a Daytona 500.

5... Congrats to the 47 team. Loved watching the Daytona 500 Commercial 500!!

Race itself: 8, had some entertaining moments even if the winner was a dumb one

Fox's coverage: 0. Please NASCAR drop them come 2025

7. Decent race foiled by a crappy ending.

Should have deducted another point as “I need to try it first” is gonna haunt my dreams for at least a week.

6 - Despite its plate foibles I love Daytona. A majority of this race was very tame, even lame. Latter stages pushed the grade up like a bumper from Keslowsk.

9/10. I thought the race was great. Hated the winner, and first 2 stages were covered poorly. But the racing was great, imo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. That last caution kinda sucked on Suarez. Wish nascar could find a way to run similar to Indy when it comes to drafting

8. Solid. Bell was great.

Back
Top Bottom