Johali's Rate the Cup Race --- Homestead

4. Big yawn. I only put up with this **** because I'm a diehard, the casuals probably tuned out early.

10. Had me hooked. Awesome racing, reminded me of sprint cars the way they were throwing crossovers at each other

One of the better races with this package for sure, as Homestead has become pretty much package-proof. Could definitely see where dirty air and loss of momentum down the long straights came into play but there were a lot of constant battles up front and unforced errors.

8. Fun watching RCR, Bell all night and the 9 stalking the 11 the entire race. Blaney ran well too. 2nd. Onto Dega. Welcome back race fans!

10. Had me hooked. Awesome racing, reminded me of sprint cars the way they were throwing crossovers at each other
Yep, I enjoyed it. I would have rather had a win but I will take a second. I was a little disappointed with the 88 team. I will give the race a 8.5

MarkMartin6.jpg

An excellent race. Homestead is Nascar's greatest track (tied with Darlington for that honor). Even the WFO "racertainment" package produces good racing here. Homestead has been squandered for years by being the championship finale... basically a race for just four cars. It's better to have this track host a true open race for all entrants. JMO.

10. Best car won. Love that.

Well they weren’t really wide open, you could hear them feathering the throttle while riding the top side. Wide open isn’t all bad at just plain tough configurations like here and Darlington, it makes it difficult to hang on to that wheel.

Atlanta’s failure is that the track has just gotten too worn. It’s became so abrasive the drivers aren’t even pushing much anymore due to tire wear, so they’re just holding on for dear life.

I think more HP would be nice as that big spoiler is key, it allows drafting down a straight and keeps it competitive similar to what you saw in the 70s and 80s on intermediated. But ultimately the typical D shape just doesn’t usually put on the best racing

Back
Top Bottom