Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Indy Road Course

Best race I've seen in years. A photo finish is all that kept me from giving it a 10

10 - other than the red flags that was racing!! and it was awesome listening on the radio

Next year we need to implement an objective rating system so that 1 lap doesn't skew the ratings for some people

Eh, 6. Chaos aside, I'm just not a huge fan of the course after a couple Xfinity races and today. Doesn't do it for me.

6. It was a decent race, I tried to go in with an open mind because (if you followed me in the race thread) I prefer a NASCAR race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the oval. But I found the racing the least exciting of our roadies this year thus far...before all hell broke loose. As for the chaos and anarchy, I find it unfortunate as that’s what most will remember from this afternoon. Oh well onto Michigan.

nascar got what they wanted and thats Chaos so in there mind its 9 would had been 10 for them had Hamlin held on after they tried to gift wrap a win for him when they blackflaged Chase.

for me it was 8 until the curve tore up all those cars got to get that fix if they want to run this RC going foward.

0...front to back this was a disaster relative to traditional NASCAR.

The ending was just icing on the cake that was baked. Turtles, curbing to dictate the race are not what is NASCAR...that is IMSA and guys that want to be women.

Even the ending was bogus.... there are not penalties when the supposed foul was forced by another and you do not gain a position. Even that travesty of the yellow line hoax at superspeedways has an objective exception...which is....if you are forced under it, there is no penalty.

Oh yeah...believe the Dinger would have won irrelevant as to if Brisco was allowed to continue....

10 until the win was taken from Larson, and then a 0. An absolute ****** 0. How in the hell does NASCAR allow a penalized driver to take out the leader? Throw the ****** yellow, give Hamlin his spot back, and call that mess of a race. An absolute embarrassment. That was a joke.

Nascar should really be televised on the Cartoon Network.
Ditch these fake BS road courses. Indy isn’t a road course. Charlotte isn’t a road course. Another failed attempt at manufactured drama.
This race sucked.

Gonna go 7. Significantly better than the oval and an exciting track, just need to figure something out there at that turn. IMO they should just get rid of it and run from T4 to T7 directly.

Others made good points, quit making these NASCAR road courses so complex. The best one is the Glen and it’s ridiculously simple. Do that

Hardest race I have ever had to rate. Read the comments for help. I was entertained, it kept my interest from beginning to end. Insane racing on restarts. One of the craziest finishes i have ever saw. Going to apologize upfront, but it was a 9.

0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. Not being able to see the finish because I DVR'd it was just the icing on the big ole **** cake. No amount of halfway decent racing during parts of the race can make up for the ending, the fact THIS replaced the Brickyard 400, MY race, and then switching channels so we can watch amateur golf. Of course I guess amateur golf is no worse than amateur TV coverage of an amateur excuse for an auto race. This confirms my decision to laugh at the person from IMS ticket sales when they called about my ticket renewal.

Most of these races are good in the first 2 stages, but get drawn out in the end unless there are a bunch of cautions. This race seemed to be in the bag, then carnage from the track problems made things weird and dangerous. Have to deduct for that.

Back
Top Bottom