Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Kansas

yea would have liked passes for the lead. But i was still more entertained than other races in last few weeks.

good battle between 22 and 4

3 when you can keep a faster car behind you for 40 laps by blocking their air you are bringing the wrong car to the track

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

People may hate this package, but it does result in cars racing close together. Harvick's inability to pass Logano doesn't mean this was a bad race.

I'll go with an 8. I enjoyed it.

People may hate this package, but it does result in cars racing close together. Harvick's inability to pass Logano doesn't mean this was a bad race.

I'll go with an 8. I enjoyed it.
being able to throw a blanket over the top three finishing cars is a problem for some. :idunno: somehow running nose to tail at 180 means the air shouldn't make a difference.

4. Looked close, but once again clean air wins. Fake drama.

being able to throw a blanket over the top three finishing cars is a problem for some. :idunno: somehow running nose to tail at 180 means the air shouldn't make a difference.
Doesn’t natter if you can throw a blanket over the top 3. If they can’t pass, what’s the point? Go outside and watch the nearest interstate in an urban area if single file cars close together with the off chance of a wreck is exciting.

7. Entertaining but man aero is so prevalent in both NASCAR and F1 that it’s a tough pill to swallow at times. Almost wish we would institute our own DRS

7. Entertaining but man aero is so prevalent in both NASCAR and F1 that it’s a tough pill to swallow at times. Almost wish we would institute our own DRS
People living in a dream world are going to be disappointed thinking all will be aero well with the New Gen car. Harvick could of easily gotten Logano out of shape, but with a comfortable lead in the series why would he risk screwing that up. Hamlin his closest competition screwed himself. He kept the heat on and was ready if Logano screwed up.

6. It’s ludicrous that you can’t even run behind someone in a corner without losing control of the car.

NASCAR not only has plate races at historic tracks that are an insult to their histories, they are now going out of their way to ruin the racing at the 1.5s.

I don’t understand it but I can guarantee that if they hear any complaints about the final forty laps they’ll think the solution is another caution or two.

Best car didn't win. Mirror driving with insane blocking. I believe that every race is a great race, but this is pushing it. 6.23.

3 too aero dependent...that is a broken record....

The contention that being able to throw a blanket over the first three vehicles means nothing if they can't pass. Might as well be on three different laps.

Get rid of the splitter, along with the bump stops, and go back to chin spoilers...that will mitigate the lead car's advantage by a ton.

MarkMartin6.jpg

Get rid of the splitter, along with the bump stops, and go back to chin spoilers...that will mitigate the lead car's advantage by a ton.
How will that reduce turbulent air coming off the back of the car?

How will that reduce turbulent air coming off the back of the car?
It won't, but the lead car will not have as much of an advantage either. In fact, we would see a lot of sling shots as the following cars would have less wind resistance. Until they pulled out to pass... The less down force would not give either an advantage once the full effect of the wind resistance equalized.

The R-F expert aerodynamicists have the solutions to all aero problems. I wonder how long it will be before they start with their accurate assessments of the new car's problems and how they would do it.

It won't, but the lead car will not have as much of an advantage either. In fact, we would see a lot of sling shots as the following cars would have less wind resistance. Until they pulled out to pass... The less down force would not give either an advantage once the full effect of the wind resistance equalized.
In this scenario, the following car's reduced downforce would make it less able to cope with turbulence.

In other words, it's a wash.

The R-F expert aerodynamicists have the solutions to all aero problems. I wonder how long it will be before they start with their accurate assessments of the new car's problems and how they would do it.
Diffuser.

In this scenario, the following car's reduced downforce would make it less able to cope with turbulence.

In other words, it's a wash.
Actually, the lack of overt down force on the lead car would cause the lead car less stability going into the corner, along with the elimination of bump stops the car would have to maintain a larger ground clearance. So the lead car would not be "planted" as much going in. The turbulence behind the lead car would be less critical due to lead car having limited front down force too...but also the following cars will have less wind resistance due to the lead car breaking the air and creating low pressure behind it. So terminal velocity of the following cars will still be to their advantage.

Therefore the trailing cars will actually be faster, until they try to pass.....then the resistance will equalize and both vehicles will have the same down force...

I would predict more passing on mile and a half's and quite a bit of side by side racing. It would be like Daytona and Talladega without the terminal speed.

Back
Top Bottom