Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Michigan

XXX

I was watching a race that would have been an 8 or so until the bogus caution and overtime finish. It was like watching a really good movie only to have it screwed up by a Hallmark/Lifetime ending. The overtime gimmick is being used far too often IMO.

Reactions: sdj
8 that was really solid. I'm probably sub-consciously deducting a point for it being split into 2 days.

Better than what Friday showed us. Today was an 9 until the GWC. Minus a point for that and Friday's mediocre frist stage.

8. That was terrific racing.

-100 to the track today. Absolute disaster as they barely had any gates open. Crowd pretty much ended rushing the gate and they stopped checking for tickets
defa33fdc76f707a54e43d531485d56c.jpg

I've been to around a half dozen rain delay days. A reduced number of gates and booths are common because the tracks didn’t schedule / pay anyone to work those positions. There's usually no one guiding cars in the lots. Ticket and cooler checking is minimal to non existent; bring what you want, sit where you want. Once the race starts, it's a truly surreal environment.

Normally this isn't a problem because I usually see only about 10% to 20% of the seats occupied. Looks like Michigan has some die hard fans! Maybe they didn't open the gates early enough?

I've been to around a half dozen rain delay days. A reduced number of gates and booths are common because the tracks didn’t schedule / pay anyone to work those positions. There's usually no one guiding cars in the lots. Ticket and cooler checking is minimal to non existent; bring what you want, sit where you want. Once the race starts, it's a truly surreal environment.

Normally this isn't a problem because I usually see only about 10% to 20% of the seats occupied. Looks like Michigan has some die hard fans! Maybe they didn't open the gates early enough?

That was the problem, they tried standard ticket and cooler policies with only 4 gates open for the entire property. That picture was taken 20 mins before green flag

999 gadzillion. Reliable and badass engines, and WE take home The Heritage Trophy! Edsel must be fuming! ....and Reddick takes the points lead beating a Felonator in the process.....Larsony wanting those 30 points about now I would think. What a ****** great day!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom