Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Richmond

Race was a 3.

Happy for Alex and Greg Ives though

How is passing the leader "non-deserving?"

I'll give it a 6 which is what I was going to give it when I thought it was going to be a 22 or 11 win.
Meh, it wasn’t the best car all race. Best short run when needed so I guess kudos to those guys.
It just wasn’t the dominant ride.
Short happens 🙄

Meh, it wasn’t the best car all race. Best short run when needed so I guess kudos to those guys.
Short happens

He had some speed at the end of the race. He just needed the caution to help. I wouldn’t say non-deserving. Surely not the most deserving. But not like his car was ****** and he just got lucky.

He had some speed at the end of the race. He just needed the caution to help. I wouldn’t say non-deserving. Surely not the most deserving. But not like his car was ****** and he just got lucky.
Agreed. He caught a break when he needed one.

Fabulous TRD performance. Racing happened. 7.

7. Kinda boring race but the last 50-60 were truly good. Richmond is like if MIS had a short track child

10 cars on the lead lap with 75 to go. Minimal crashing and barging. No authoritarian cautions. Comers and goers. Good battle for the lead with neither competitor kissing the trophy girl. At one time, most races had many of these elements.

In the end, Alex Bowman put it under Hamlin and stayed there. I used to wonder if he could get it done.

Short happens 🙄
Bowman had a lightening fast car all day and worked his way from the back to the front. He pounced when it mattered. Absolutely deserved.

Short happens 🙄
You and I must have been watching two different races. The 48 came from 24th to around 4th in the first stage and then lost a lot of positions because of a crew member error just like last week when they left the wheel loose. Then he came right back to the front again. You and I will just have to disagree that he didn't have a good car. That car was hooked to the ground like it had suction cups on it at the end... and he drove a damn good race imo.

6ish. I struggle to like Richmond just like I do New Hampshire.

That was a big moment for Bowman though. I've always felt, or maybe more so recently, that he comes across as a guy that doesn't feel super comfortable in his seat. Sort of looking over his shoulder. Maybe due to the difficulty finding sponsors or whatever prior to Ally. He needed this one.

and that's only because they used low df/higher hp package and it was a "short track." Race was a dud except for last couple laps. Congrats for Bowman though! I am biased going in because I put Richmond in the same category as Pocono and Loudon going in as I expect them to be boring as heck.

Lots of side by side, three wide in corners o_O and making it work. Good stuff all around. Bowman put his car in position for being there at the end, straight up win in my book.
WTH happened to Larson?

You and I must have been watching two different races. The 48 came from 24th to around 4th in the first stage and then lost a lot of positions because of a crew member error just like last week when they left the wheel loose. Then he came right back to the front again. You and I will just have to disagree that he didn't have a good car. That car was hooked to the ground like it had suction cups on it at the end... and he drove a damn good race imo.
Maybe I have a slight JGR bias 😬

until I read the comments here I thought it was the best race of the year.
You can't let comments here have any influence on what you like or dislike about a race. Heck probably half the members here just rate the race on how their driver did. Most of us here can't even agree on what we like or dislike anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom