Johali's Rate the Race --- 500

The racing WAS good, but it's impossible not to let the never ending crashes at the end affect my rating.

I hope and pray Newman is ok and ready to race next week.

I dunno how anyone expects a clean race all the way thru when these guys are running 200 mph.

In light of the way the race ended.

Would going to be decently high until the last 20 laps. I’ll still give it 7.5. Yes the last 20 laps and last 2 and half hours have been hard, but I can’t rate a race off that

In a vacuum, 7.5.

After causing me to panic for two hours? 0. Changes need to be made.

After the positive news

Race was a solid 7.5.

It became a bit of a crapshoot later on, but it was solid. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

10 - The race itself was great & exciting. I was nervous and I wasn't even in a car! It sucks it ended the way it did though.

5 not to bad for crash derby. Dega and Daytona could be good tracks with a couple chicanes each.

9 the racing was great. Would have been an even better finish if Logano didn't jump the gun and wipe out so much of the field.

Now that we know Ryan will make it I'll give it a 9.5... damn good D500

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8 The blocking needs to stop. Got away with one last night now there needs to be a serious look at what they need to do to stop it.Maybe go the sports car route where you get 1 move. I don’t think it will work in NASCAR but it’s something to look at.

First 170 or so laps was actually really good, but these *formerly* plate races have become absolutely ridiculous with the last 20 laps being a wreck fest. I felt this way before Newman's accident, but that only cemented my opinion. This package simply does NOT work. It's also time to evaluate the green white checker policy. Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't tear so many cars up if the race ended as scheduled and we didn't keep getting "2 lap shootouts!" where desperation rules the day.

First 170 or so laps was actually really good, but these *formerly* plate races have become absolutely ridiculous with the last 20 laps being a wreck fest. I felt this way before Newman's accident, but that only cemented my opinion. This package simply does NOT work. It's also time to evaluate the green white checker policy. Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't tear so many cars up if the race ended as scheduled and we didn't keep getting "2 lap shootouts!" where desperation rules the day.
But "the fans want the race to end under green!”

Ya know, sometimes we just want it to end.

I'm gonna lay off the numerical race ratings for a while. Daytona and Talladega pack races are my least favorite form of Nascar racing, but this one was a good race for 450 miles. Then it turned into a wreck-fest which ruined it for me. Congrats to BK for winning the Daytona 450... before getting wrecked by his teammate yet again. Congrats to Hambone for winning the Daytona 500... not a fan but his Daytona string is impressive.

Very glad to see that Rocket Man Newman survived and hoping for the best for him.

Back
Top Bottom