Johali’s Rate the Race Thread: Los Angeles

10 that was great

7. I enjoyed the heats and LCQs more than I expected. For whatever reason, the second half of the main actually bored me.
Probably because the entire stint was shown from a rear bumper camera.

If we could get Mike Joy on NBC with Dale Jr and Smoke, we’d have an optimal broadcast.

10. Period. Fabulous in every damn way. I loved every second. NASCAR looks really damn good right now. I am blown away.

The cars look fabulous. Why would anybody be surprised? The wheels change everything. The bodies are correct. Just so cool.

I love this sport even when it is hard to do so sometimes. Today, it is so freaking easy. Damn. This was just so cool.

Probably because the entire stint was shown from a rear bumper camera.

If we could get Mike Joy on NBC with Dale Jr and Smoke, we’d have an optimal broadcast.

I think Mike Joy is good. But I wish we could see Ralph Shaheen & Allen Bestwick as the lead announcers man.

Stewart was really good but seems occupied with a bunch of other racing

9 - thanks to the heat races, some real rubbin‘ is racin‘ action, and some really good driving at a tough little bullpen.

I loved the excitement that all of the entertainers brought to the Coliseum and the LCQ was very exciting with all of the bumping and banging short track style. I actually fell asleep for about half of the first main and even the rest of the main really didn't ring any bells, but I still enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing it again in the future.

9 , fun event.

10. Period. Fabulous in every damn way. I loved every second. NASCAR looks really damn good right now. I am blown away.

The cars look fabulous. Why would anybody be surprised? The wheels change everything. The bodies are correct. Just so cool.
10 and a Toyota didn't win?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

7 the race was pretty good, but the performances/concerts aren't really for my liking. Think putting everything under the lights would have made things better

10 and a Toyota didn't win?

If you were paying attention, you would know that a Toyota win registers 20 trillion on a scale of 1-10. Non-Toyota wins max out at 10. ;)

The race was fine, but Fox's production quality was awful. The folks running the broadcast and organizing the pre-race festivities get a big fat zero. WAY too many screwups with the sound, cameras, timing, etc.

The race itself was a solid 7. Should have been run Saturday night IMO

I'll go with a 9. Lots of action on such a small track. I enjoyed it.

Due to the track size, there were no pit stops or pit strategy, and the main race didn't seem very long. That's why I didn't give it a perfect score.

But, the race was fun for what it was. Perhaps the amount of racing today was plenty for people who watched the heat races.

Unfortunately, I missed the heat races because when I saw a published start time, I thought it was for the heat races when it was actually for the main race.

It’s like they’re trying to film a Nolan movie with the camera changes every second.

Their coverage is really bad.

I wouldn’t say that. Their camera angles were a bit weird, but their pit road & broadcast booth teams are awesome. The commentary really is top notch, especially Mike Joy and Jamie Little

Nascar took a big risk swung for the fences and made it work.

9.0 is a great score to get a 10.0 they would have needed to use a flatbed pace truck eqipped with a mobile pole dancers station.

9.5 - I thought it was great. New cars, new track, great racing, festive atmosphere and Smoke in the booth. Hats off to NASCAR for this one.

I wanted to give it lower, but the heats and especially second last chance was exciting. Main event was honestly a snoozer, and Fox's coverage was shamefully bad. And you can still lump me into the "it's not a true short track, it's a gimmick" crowd. I gave it an open mind, though. Was funny to watch the defending champ flat out dump someone blatantly and everyone whistling and pretending to not see it. Can you imagine if the 18, 47, or 22 did that?

8. I was immersed in entertainment. However the camera shots made me feel a bit claustrophobic and I think the race should have been run on a Saturday night...maybe next year. I hope they do this again.

Back
Top Bottom