John Andretti has passed away

NascarUnderdogs

Team Owner
Sad to hear

Attachments

• EPjhAk0XUAIgsrX.jpg
    EPjhAk0XUAIgsrX.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 175
Damn shame. I don't remember much of him, but I do remember him being one of the nicer ones.

Him and Kobe. Christ.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Johns message made me get myself tested, you guys who of are age, go do it.

I can't second that too strongly. My mom died of it and my doctor has found pre-cancerous polyps in me and removed them on two separate occasions, before they became a problem. I've thanked my lucky stars for the testing, which I get regularly.

I was always a fan of John's when he was racing. He seemed like one of the really good guys. RIP and Godspeed John.

Johns message made me get myself tested, you guys who of are age, go do it.
Not even if you are of age. Just go do it. Everyone knows someone who never lived the second half of life due to this ****** sickness.

I can't second that too strongly. My mom died of it and my doctor has found pre-cancerous polyps in me and removed them on two separate occasions, before they became a problem. I've thanked my lucky stars for the testing, which I get regularly.

I was always a fan of John's when he was racing. He seemed like one of the really good guys. RIP and Godspeed John.
Sorry to hear about your mother and her link to cancer. Best wishes to you moving forward.

John was always my favorite Andretti, and one of the guys I really pulled for. I'll never forget how excited he was when he won the Rolex 24 in 1989 in my beloved Miller/BFG Porsche 962 and I remember his great win at Martinsville for the King. He was a class guy with a friendly smile and youthful enthusiasm. He will be greatly missed.

I can't think of John without remembering a story he told once. He'd just bought his first big RV and his wife was concerned about changing lanes. "I told her, 'You're bigger than anything except a semi. Hit the turn signal, count to three, and make your move.' "

Hadn't heard about his passing until just now. Sad to hear. I was(and still am) a huge John Andretti fan. I was at Martinsville wearing my 43 John Andretti hat when he won. What a glorious day that was. Still have quite a few of his collectibles. My favorite piece is the #98 RCA radio controlled car they sold at RadioShack.

Back
Top Bottom