John Andretti leaving PE

P

PettyBenson

from jayski-
John Andretti said he is leaving Petty Enterprises at the end of this season to pursue other options, and his best option may be a third Winston Cup car for Chip Ganassi's team. Andretti has made it clear he wants to compete again in the Indy 500, and that easily could be arranged through Ganassi's IRL team. Kyle Petty will reveal his team's plans for 2003 on Saturday at Richmond. It's expected that Petty will have two cars next year instead of three, but Christian Fittipaldi probably will run a third Petty car in selected Winston Cup races while competing full time in the Busch series

All i can say about that it :waver: see ya John!!I think John was the main problemin the 43 camp. The other two have done much better than John has.:leap:

John puzzles me. He seems to be capable enough to win races. The 43 car seems capable enough to win races. But they don't win races.

I agree with ya Paul. Petty has done everything they can to help out John. Now with him leaving he's going to have to perform at a high level or he might be out of a job for good. Hope he enjoys his last couple of years in Winston Cup.:waver:

If PE still wants him, I agree. Maybe it's a case of mutual best interest. If so, at least he's not doing reruns of the Ricky Rudd Saga.

John is lazy in my opinion.I would not give him a ride,unless there was no one else around.:rolleyes:

Just a curiosity thing here,

It may be true that John leaves PE to pursue another ride, but I read both articles that Jayski links to this story and everything else I've been able to find regarding the story. Still to whom and when did John Andretti say he was definitely leaving PE?

Did I miss another major story? I can find not one quote from John anywhere that confirms his saying any such thing, and the two sources that Jayski has are not usually highly regarded for having their pulse on the beat of NASCAR, just wondering where the news really came from.

It's all silly season stuff......we'll know for sure next February!!:)

Back
Top Bottom