John Andretti's cancer has returned

Thinking of John and his family. I remember seeing that 98 RCA Thunderbird winning the Pepsi 400 in 97 at Daytona. Such a strong race John and his team ran.

I've always been a big fan of John. A really nice guy who could drive pretty much anything with wheels. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Praying for John, always one of my favorites. He never had as much on-track success as his legendary uncle, but I always thought he embodied the racing spirit of Mario Andretti better than anyone.

:(

pray.gif

Terrible, terrible insidious disease.

Best wishes for John and his loved ones.

I really wish the best him and hope he can beat the **** out of the cancer one more time.

Hopefully there are alternative treatment methods available for him, even if it is just a new clinical study. There is always hope for remission!

Hate is a strong word that I rarely use. I will say I hate cancer. I am pulling for John and his family to make it through this. Years ago I was at Mid-Ohio for a race and John was there with a car. I happened to be in the paddock just looking at his car and he came over to me and asked if I would like one of his shirts. Just flat out handed one to me. I have never had any other driver do that. Ever since I have been a fan and always pulling for him. Now it is a race for his life... :(

This situation sounds similar to a buddy of mine who died in August. He exhausted all conventional procedures then went through hoops to get on some clinical trial. He decided to just go home and die instead of running all over the country looking for a magic bullet.

I don’t think cancer sucks anymore than heart disease, Alzheimer’s, COPD or ailments where you lose all dignity and then die. It is appointed unto man to die once and it would be great if we could all die in our sleep but that ain’t happening.

John is one of those few rare people that I have never heard anyone ever say an unkind word about. I've been a fan since he first came on the national racing scene. My wife used to talk to his dad on the phone occasionally for her job. I hope there is a Christmas miracle out there for the Andretti family.

Back
Top Bottom