John Andretti's grandfather

tkj24

Team Owner
Sad News: Ellwood "Reds" Stofflet, John Andretti's grandfather, passed away early Saturday morning [May 19th], he was 88. He was the husband of the late Mary (Bensing) Stofflet, who passed October 29, 2002. Prior to his retirement in 1981, he was employed as a shift foreman at Lone Star Industries in Nazareth [PA] for 35 years, prior to that he worked as a heat treater at Bethlehem Steel for 5 years and he also worked several years at Price Battery in Hamburg, PA. He is survived by his daughters, Harriet S. wife of Kenneth B. Horton of Edgewater, Florida, Carolyn H. "Corky" wife of Aldo Andretti of Brownsburg, Indiana, and Jeanne M. wife of Julius Kuchar of Bethlehem; he is also survived by 12 grandchildren, 13 great grandchildren, his brother Gordon U.S. Stofflet of Lake Ariel, PA, and sister Shirley D. wife of Wilbur Leh of Nazareth,Pa. Memorial funeral services to celebrate Ellwood's life will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Salem United Church of Christ, 2218 Community Drive, Bath, PA 18014.(5-20-2007)

John will be racing in the Indy 500 this coming Sunday and I'm sure this will wear heavily on him. I hope he does well, but it's been since 1995 that he's raced that race.

John will be racing in the Indy 500 this coming Sunday and I'm sure this will wear heavily on him. I hope he does well, but it's been since 1995 that he's raced that race.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him win the race and dedicate it to his Grandfather.

That would be great, but I don't see it happen. John is not in one of the top cars...I believe it's one of AJ Foyt's backup cars.

RIP
heartcross.gif

Back
Top Bottom