JR says he will race at Nashville every year if it comes back to the schedule

Entire Nashville Board of Fair Commissioners public meeting on the track.

Jr said on his podcast that is not what he said

I find this so hard to believe. He has spoken in depth several times on his eagerness to drive but understands his health risks. Long term, he wants to be there for his family and team more than wanting to drive. I’d be shocked to see that he would continuously enter races each season.

From his Xfinity race at Homestead - “I think right now it’s just going to stay the same,” Earnhardt said. “I don’t want to do any more, that’s for sure. I can say that with confidence. I don’t know how many more of these I’ll do. This might be the last one, and this ain’t no tease or anything like that. I’m not trying to be annoying about that. It’s a lot of a commitment, and I just … I don’t know. It’s getting to the point to where I’ve got to decide whether I’m helping things or I’m not helping the team, how can I help the team in other ways. I don’t know I really enjoy it. I really do, but I think there’s got to be a point to where I decide to make the change to broadcasting entirely. With that said, being in the car today, I certainly learned a ton that’s going to help me in the (broadcast) booth. I’ve just got to think about it, and I certainly don’t want to run more. One is plenty and it’s a great series. We’ll just see how it goes. I guess it’s a tough question to answer.”

Last edited:
As for Dale Jr making or not making plans to continue to go racing, I’d rather he didn’t bang his head again.

The renderings of the track from yesterday's meetings on having a race at FGS look phenomenal.

It's a race track. You could move in a mile away in October and never know it was there until a Saturday night in May. And this woman isn't the only one upset; plenty of other people in the area spoke out against it.

It's a race track. You could move in a mile away in October and never know it was there until a Saturday night in May. And this woman isn't the only one upset; plenty of other people in the area spoke out against it.
I bet they all bitch about fireworks on July 4th too.

Back
Top Bottom