Jr's win a fluke?

Tony Stewart – God love him – was the only driver with any sense. "National holiday tomorrow," he quipped when Little E crossed the finish line.

I took the day off. :)

A win, 6 top fives and 12 top-10 in 15 races this year. No races outside the top-20 this year, has led 218 laps and has completed every lap of every race this year. This guy's whole beef seems to be with the Speed bubbas reaction, and his apparent dislike of Junyer.

Anybody that is more than a casual fan knows the win was legit.
I could go back and race reference it, even more importantly any skeptic could. Juniors decline started before he left DEI. The win at Michigan 4 years ago might be considered a fluke but not this one.

I want to be respectful to Junior fans who may be reading and I do appreciate ones like dpkimmel2001's dedication. Classy loyalty that isn't obnoxious, (I might be tacky and couth-less myself, but I appreciate those who choose better principles) they don't need my approval but they should enjoy this moment. The moment has been building for a while, in fact Jr has been knocking on the door and for about 18 months.

With all the variables in Sprint Cup racing there aren't any guarantees, you can only do your best and have some faith for a good outcome. I like the Richard Childress quote "Preparation meets opportunity". That has been the case for the last year and a half, I really didn't think it was going take this long.

It is a good story and a real one. FTR I questioned Juniors commitment prior to the resurgence. Two or three years ago almost of my Junior thoughts or comments were critical.

He went through some lean times, and it was difficult to watch him give an interview, to put it bluntly he looked defeated and as a man who had lost his confidence. I can't recall a real life case were a man stood so tall, watched it slip away, and then slowly worked his way back.

I am not Junior nation type, but I do believe this one is Juniors greatest win to date. I respect this one the most.
Very deserving and worthy.
Better enjoy it while you can, there may be more, but there are no guarantees in life. A long wait to get this one.......

So shoot them shot gun shells high in the sky, play Freebird, and chase the misses around the house etc.....

I didn't bother reading that link. Junior has been a contender quite a bit this year. Anyone who's watched all the races this season and anyone with a lick of sense would know that.

The "writer" of that article makes a point or two but to suggest that the #88 TEAM fluked that win, while ignoring their performance so far this year, leaves me wondering if they've actually watched a race in 2012.

I honestly believe that Earnhardt's commitment may have been questionable but I don't see a more focused driver so far this year. The results speak louder than any pen.

I don't think the win was a fluke, but it will be interesting now to see how his season goes after one win...can he rattle off another, or will he begin to sink? For the past few years he has started strong and finished poorly...

The only thing the writer talked about that I got much out of was the way that the media is falling all over themselves. When is the last time you watched a race when the car 5 seconds in the lead was shown all alone for the last 20 laps and not even an attempt at a cut to see any other action on the track..then again the way the race ran, their may have been nothing else to show.

With the way that the media is reacting to this, I can only imagine what they will do if Danica wins one...maybe self implode?

I don't think the win was a fluke, but it will be interesting now to see how his season goes after one win...can he rattle off another, or will he begin to sink? For the past few years he has started strong and finished poorly...

The only thing the writer talked about that I got much out of was the way that the media is falling all over themselves. When is the last time you watched a race when the car 5 seconds in the lead was shown all alone for the last 20 laps and not even an attempt at a cut to see any other action on the track..then again the way the race ran, their may have been nothing else to show.

With the way that the media is reacting to this, I can only imagine what they will do if Danica wins one...maybe self implode?

Junyer's a different driver this year. He's more focused, he's not satisfied with second place, he's putting more effort in to racing on and off the track, he's on a strict fitness program. This isn't the same Jr we've seen the last five years.

Oh yeah, if Danica wins a race, it'll be over.

Junyer's a different driver this year. He's more focused, he's not satisfied with second place, he's putting more effort in to racing on and off the track, he's on a strict fitness program. This isn't the same Jr we've seen the last five years.

That all may be true, but in the chase system you can "peak to early" and I think that is what he is doing....my prediction is that the jr we have saw the last 5 years will be back by the time the chase starts...

Not a fluke at all but the hype is annoying. I'm going on a NASCAR TV blackout until raceway at Sonoma. Jr running 25th all day will quiet things down to a tolerable level.

JR is the king of Nascar when it comes to fans and media attention. The ratings will be up the next race all because of JR. Nascar is trending on yahoo and JR was on the front page all day yesterday. Anytime JR wins it's a great thing for the sport.

Too bad that miserable prick tony had to be the fly in the ointment yesterday. I fully expected to see Tony over there 1st congratulating him. Guess he's getting old and crotchity in his old age. He didn't have to give a congrats to Dale, but he certainly could have reserved his sarcasm for someone a bit more deserving. I lost some respect for tony yesterday.
MoMike

Best thing I saw on the interewebs today:

In: Complaining of all the talk about Dale Jr. winning.
Out: Complaining of all the talk about Dale Jr. never winning.

Too bad that miserable prick tony had to be the fly in the ointment yesterday. I fully expected to see Tony over there 1st congratulating him. Guess he's getting old and crotchity in his old age. He didn't have to give a congrats to Dale, but he certainly could have reserved his sarcasm for someone a bit more deserving. I lost some respect for tony yesterday.
MoMike

Wow! I am speechless...

MoMike

Overreact much?

Definately no fluke yesterday. He's been strong all year. He keeps running like he has he'll get some more too.

Definately no fluke yesterday. He's been strong all year. He keeps running like he has he'll get some more too.

The thing is, he probably wont continue to run as well as he has. To expect anyone to keep up his pace for 36 races is one tall order and he'd still have to get past the #17 - which is running a bit better than the #88.

The last time there was this much excitement over one race was Bayne winning the Daytona 500.

If Jr. wins the championship I'm finding a bomb shelter. lol
Don't quite know why you posted this crap in the first place Dwayne . I guess you may have wanted to rain on the parade of the Junior fans . The article seems to be written by a Canadian open wheel writer who is anti Nascar and also nameless . He does quote some funny quips by Tony but the ' fluke ' thing seems to be his , not Tony's .

Don't quite know why you posted this crap in the first place Dwayne . I guess you may have wanted to rain on the parade of the Junior fans . The article seems to be written by a Canadian open wheel writer who is anti Nascar and also nameless . He does quote some funny quips by Tony but the ' fluke ' thing seems to be his , not Tony's .

Just having a little fun no harm intended. The name of the reporter is Norris McDonald and yes he's big on open wheel, he's covered F-1 for years.

Back
Top Bottom