June, 14th, 2002

DeeDee was awesome, Gollum, DEWrangler, Kat and most of the crew that is still here like Maj, TRL, Buckaroo, Whizzer, and others have been fun to hang out with on here over the years.
(guess I forgot how to quote)

Why thank you 4X! Glad I stopped back by to see what was going on. :p

Hi DeeDee, your little man is no longer a baby. I hope you have decided to put something besides Stewart shirts on him. :D ;) Hope all is going well. :)

Hey Gang! I am doing well, hope everyone else is also! I'lll try not to be such a stranger. And Kellogfan.... My little man has his own favorite... Lightning McQueen of course. :p

Totally missed this thread. Appears I was one of the 6/14/02'ers also. I came from the message board at The Charlotte Observer before it imploded. Talking about Language Issues, I got chastized pretty badly back then for using the word putz. Its been an interesting ride through the years hasn't it.

Totally missed this thread. Appears I was one of the 6/14/02'ers also. I came from the message board at The Charlotte Observer before it imploded. Talking about Language Issues, I got chastized pretty badly back then for using the word putz. Its been an interesting ride through the years hasn't it.

Yeah, I mentioned you by name, er, numbers, in it. :beerbang:

You are one of us.

And what the heck IS a putz anyhow??:D

Yeah, I mentioned you by name, er, numbers, in it. :beerbang:

You are one of us.

And what the heck IS a putz anyhow??:D
Wha? Come to Winston Salem and go to Old Salem during the Christmas season and see a real putz. "Christmas putz, decorative miniature village elaborated from a nativity scene". It's beautiful.

Kat2220 yelled at me, apparently putz is some sort of Yiddish curse word. It was even funnier because after that Eat More Possum started using it regularly. I miss that guy, him and I used to have some great argument because I'm a "Yankee" and shouldn't be race fan.

Kat2220 yelled at me, apparently putz is some sort of Yiddish curse word. It was even funnier because after that Eat More Possum started using it regularly. I miss that guy, him and I used to have some great argument because I'm a "Yankee" and shouldn't be race fan.

Yeah, be9 --- "putz" has a funny meaning, and a not-so-funny meaning. I looked it up. LOL

Yeah, I miss kat too....and whoa, she yelled at me a few times too :D:D

Here's to all those guys: :beerbang:

Oh c'mon now Jackie Mason said it on TV all the time when I was a kid...............

There was an awful lot of stuff you could say on tv that you can't say now, and vice versa. Archie Bunker was pretty funny at the time, but you certainly couldn't get away with most of what he said now.

There was an awful lot of stuff you could say on tv that you can't say now, and vice versa. Archie Bunker was pretty funny at the time, but you certainly couldn't get away with most of what he said now.

What did Archie say you can't say today? I watched some reruns of "All in the Family" recently and don't recall anything that can't be said today.

There are terms used that might be objectionable to a small social group but censors have not eliminated their use. Modern Family has some interesting scenarios and comments.

But seriously, I just don't recall anything used in by Archie Bunker that could not be used today so help me out here.

What did Archie say you can't say today? I watched some reruns of "All in the Family" recently and don't recall anything that can't be said today.

There are terms used that might be objectionable to a small social group but censors have not eliminated their use. Modern Family has some interesting scenarios and comments.

But seriously, I just don't recall anything used in by Archie Bunker that could not be used today so help me out here.

Maybe you didn't watch the same ones I saw not too long ago. Some of the terms he used for black people, in particular, would not be tolerated today. Nor should they, I might add.

Maybe you didn't watch the same ones I saw not too long ago. Some of the terms he used for black people, in particular, would not be tolerated today. Nor should they, I might add.

Guess I simply forgot some of the references relating to gays and other religions and races Archie used. I missed a bunch of programs when the show was on and just recently have seen some reruns. Perhaps they are selective in the reruns they choose to show.

But it still seems to me on some of the far out cartoon shows, the same references are made. Now, since I do not watch them and am basing my question on the shows I have seen, it seems there have been references made with the same content Archie used.

Considering there is greater latitude with cable these days by comparison to the days of All in the Family, who knows?

i don't know. I think good comedy is timeless and recognized as such could be shown any time. redd foxx's character on sanford and son easily came across as bigoted as archie bunker, not to mention a good deal raunchier.

What was said on All in the Family,1968-1979, was tame compared to what comes over the airwaves, ok cable, today. I'm not a prude, I know all the words, I've used all the words, I know their meaning and hell I've even invented some new ones. Putz is tame.

There's a elimentary school right down my street. What I hear come out of the mouths of 6th grade girls is embarassing at times. My son calls them "prostitots" due to their language and dress.

What father or mother lets their daughter leave the house in pants that says "SWEET SPOT" or "HIT IT" on their azz?

Times have certainly changed.

Back
Top Bottom